December 31, 2008
December 24, 2008
Bring it on.
The other night we went to Opportunity Village with some friends of ours, where they have this whole Christmas everything.
Luckily we got there when it opened and had free tickets (thanks to the Santa walk/run) so we didn't have to wait in the huge line. We got to go see Santa again...
This time, Ellie just walked right up and said "Hi, Santa". Joaquin video taped her sitting on his lap this time but failed to get that part. Therefore, I have to document.
And, here are just some pictures to highlight the night.
December 23, 2008
(you can click on the picture to make it bigger)
I don't know if any of you have ever heard of this but they have some very cool stuff. So, in case you are looking for a new look, I thought I would pass this on. Go for it!
I especially like this one.
December 22, 2008
I saw a commercial yesterday with Keri Russell in it. And I just had flashbacks of Felicity. Remember that show? Why can't they have shows like that anymore? Come on, admit it - you loved Felicity too!
A good Christmas movie. Still have yet to watch it this year, but still a good one. Any other good ones out there to recommend?
December 21, 2008
this. I use this every time I am in the kitchen, sounds dumb, but really it comes in handy.
this just opened about 4 blocks from my house. Good place for gift cards!
this. Only because mine broke last night. I see another trip to the genius bar in my future. ASAP.
Labels: christmas ideas
December 20, 2008
from my friend, Kristine W.
It is a dance version of O Holy Night - give it a listen, what have you got to lose?
Click on this and it will take you to the Borders Books website. Once there, search Kristine W and click on the "Hey, Mr Christmas" album. There should be a link at the top for free download and you are done.
Think of it as an early Christmas gift from yours truly!
Labels: kristine w
December 19, 2008
So, I am at my local drive thru yesterday picking up some lunch and this is the conversation with the guy at the window...
Mr Drive-thru: Gee, it's getting pretty cold out here.
Me: Not like yesterday.
Mr Drive-thru: Oh yes, I'm a junior in high school and yesterday we had a field trip on the strip and you couldn't see anything. Not even the hotels. The sky was just grey.
Me: (being the scrapbooker) Did you get any good pictures?
Mr Drive-thru: Oh yes, we took tons. And you know kids these days, we always have to put stuff on myspace.
Me: Oh yes, kids these days.
Mr Drive-thru: Yes, just download then upload. Have a good day!
Now, normally I wouldn't be bothered. However, I think it was the way he said you know kids these days. Meaning, look at this old lady I'm talking to and in no way does she have a myspace. Well, you are right Mr Drive-thru, I don't. But it isn't because I'm only 20 years older than you. So there.
December 18, 2008
So, the cold has hit the whole Ceballos family. We are loving it here. I seriously feel like I have so much to get done but I just get home from work and go to bed. Not to good when you have to be productive. My to do list just keeps getting longer with nothing getting crossed off, and you know how I hate that! So, anyway, if I owe you an email or a comment on a blog post or something in the mail, it will get there eventually.
Until then, what is this? I want to go!!
December 17, 2008
Today is somewhat of a bad day. Emotionally, mentally and physically.
However, it's December and it's snowing here AGAIN so I had better snap out of it.
Just a few things -
1. Congratulations to my mom on her etsy shop, she is sold out of everything but one childrens apron, and continues to take custom orders. So, ya know if anyone wants one...
2. I still have so much stuff to do in the next week. Holy shit, Christmas is right around the corner and I am sick and don't feel like doing anything. Let alone working all week!
3. Thanks to everyone who posted a recipe, I have printed them out and I'm sure I will make every one of them at some point.
4. Which leads me to a winner of the cd - Ms. Erica was randomly picked out of the bowl. I'll get it sent out to you asap. I hope you enjoy it! And thanks to everyone else for playing along.
5. I still haven't gotten an earring/piercing for my wrist. I know I said I was going weeks ago, and I did at 11:00 am. Apparantly, they don't open until 1 pm. Nice life. So I just have this open hole, which is really bugging me.
December 16, 2008
December 14, 2008
December 13, 2008
Today I tackled Christmas shopping. I got so much done in a matter of 5 hours and most of it at Costco. You've got to love one stop shopping. You've got to hate the traffic. I swear, in this town, if someone isn't honking their horn, something isn't right. This isn't New York City people!
I was listening to the radio today and seriously getting sick to my stomach. Ellie has seriously worn me out with this Christmas music. I can't even listen to normal good music anymore. I have lost a taste for it. I hope I can get over this soon. I can't get addicted to talk radio again!
And, don't forgive about the GIVEAWAY in the previous post!
December 12, 2008
Oh yes, the giveaway item. I have tried to scan in it but it's not working. I have tried to look it up on line but haven't been able to find it anywhere. So you will just have to go with an explanation.
It's a brand new cd! With artists such as Sara Bareilles , Gomez, Rachael Yamagata, The Weepies, and of course Joshua Radin. I really don't know what could be better!
December 11, 2008
I have come to realize that it has been a loooong time since I have actually listened to my ipod. So, I pulled it out today to see what I actually had on it. I haven't loaded any Christmas music on it this year. I would have to say it is because whenever I am in the car with Ellie (which is most of the time), we have to listen to Christmas music. And not just any cd. It's her cd with kids singing the songs. What a $4.99 mistake that was. I have to listen to it every damn day. And loud, if she can't hear it to sing along to, she freaks out. The only song she makes me skip over is Little Drummer Boy. She doesn't like that one. But who does? I knew she had to take after her mother on something.
Back to the ipod. Here are the 10 songs that just came up.
- 5:19 - Matt Wertz
- Stay - Lisa Loeb and Nine Stories (remember her)
- Don't Give Up - Ferras (I have no idea where this came from, but it's not bad)
- The Lucky One - Alison Krauss & Union Station (ah, this reminds me of my wedding video)
- Shame For You - Lily Allen
- Andy, You're A Star - The Killers
- Sister Rosetta - Noisettes (another one that I have no idea who it is, but after listening, may have to delete)
- Food Chain - Eric Hutchinson
- Waiting - Glen Phillips (love me anything affiliated with Toad the Wet Sprocket. Have I ever mentioned they are the best band ever?)
- Man In Uniform - Pete Yorn (another man I love)
Speaking of music - Christmas or not, look for tomorrow's blog post (because you know, I'm doing this every day). I don't know, there could be a giveaway or somethin!
December 10, 2008
I really don't have that much to say.
December 9, 2008
Ellie, Jessica, my mom and I went to go see Kristine W perform last night at Borders books. She was promoting her new Christmas cd. I figure I had better take Ellie as she won't be able to see her again until she has a fake id and can get into the clubs.
And, the best news of the night - she is in negotiations to start playing Vegas again 2 weekends a month. So, just so you know, if anyone is planning on coming to visit, you will be going to see her if she is in town. Non negotiable!
Labels: kristine w
December 7, 2008
This is what I have done for the last 2 days. Well this and other things, but anyway...
This would be the process and the end result of the Bagley famous caramels. Or as Ellie says, delicious caramels. For those of you who know what I am talking about, I made my first 2 batches this weekend.
Don't you wish you lived here to get in on the goodness?
December 6, 2008
I'm not sure why I thought it would be a good idea to blog everyday in December - it's a lot of work.
Anyway, here goes...
1. I got the o.k. to start wearing contacts again. What a joy! My left eye that had the ulcer in it, did get worse. I'm not sure how that is really possible since I'm about one point from being declared blind, but I guess I'll take what I can get.
2. We took Ellie to the 2nd annual Hometown Holidays. She didn't disappoint us either with her dancing skills. My dad said, forget my gym, you need to get her in dance classes. She can cut a rug and not to mention she is not at all shy about getting up on stage. She met all the characters again, and when she saw Elmo and Rudolph, she wouldn't let go of their legs! It was hilarious. Rudolph finally picked her up and she laid on his shoulder while he danced around. And then of course, there is the obligatory visit with Santa. Again.
3. Jessica, Ellie and I did the Las Vegas Santa Run this morning. Basically, it's a 5k run/walk and you have to dress in a Santa suit that they give you to try and break the record for having the most Santa's in one location. Who knows if we broke the record but there was a hell of a lot of red suits around. I just hope I didn't confuse Ellie with the Santa garb. You had to wear the whole damn thing to participate too.
And that's all for today. Don't forget to check back tomorrow. You know with this everyday thing...
Labels: december festivities
December 5, 2008
Dawn dishwashing liquid.
Ellie had left a chocolate bar in her coat and I didn't realize it. Basically, chocolate spots all over the load of whites that I had just washed and dried. Soaked everything in this great stuff for 2 hours and washed them again and everything is just like new! Serious praise for this product!
Leftover Spaghetti Pie via Kraft Kitchens.
3 cups cooked spaghetti 1/4 lb. (4 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes 1 pkg. (6 oz.) OSCAR MAYER Deli Fresh Italian Style Chicken Breast Strips 1 jar (14 oz.) spaghetti sauce 2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
HEAT oven to 400ºF. Place spaghetti, VELVEETA, chicken and sauce in resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Shake sealed bag and press with hands until mixture is combined. Press mixture into 9-inch pie plate or 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
SPRINKLE with Parmesan.
BAKE 15 to 20 min. or until filling is heated through. Let stand 5 min. before serving.
Basically, if I can make it and if Joaquin goes for seconds and tells me that I can make it again, it must be a winner. Again, praise for Kraft.
And on another note, thanks to Chelsie and Megan who were our houseguests last night - thanks for coming!
And Tausha, in regards to your comment - I did make those things in the post from Dec 2, I just can't come up with that stuff myself!
December 4, 2008
Yeah, I didn't think so - ha.
However, in case you haven't noticed yet, I am trying to post daily in December. So far so good.
Back to business.
I found this and might need to make it next year when I can't keep telling Ellie that Christmas is only a few days away. Every day.
You can get the tutorial here.
And this. Simple, yet retro, I only wish I could find some cool pink felt. May have to go with the traditional red.
Make it yours. But as a side note, this would totally go with your decor, Jessica.
Then there is the idea of making picture ornaments of your family every year. I think I'm going to do this but just have Ellie and Santa. I have one of those from the last 3 years. And she can put them on her own tree. Everybody on three - cute.
Look at these. I can make these sometime too. How hard can these be? Remember, I just bought myself a sewing machine at 5:00 am on Friday morning. I should probably use it sometime.
Make yours here.
And, let's be real. This is never going to happen, but oh so clever. And I know my mom has or did at one point have tons of ric rac.
Have I inspired ANYONE?
You're more than welcome!
December 3, 2008
I have the shopping bug bad. And it's the craft shopping bug. I don't craft. I scrapbook. Which I guess is a craft but it pretty much ends with anything that isn't paper related.
However, that hasn't stopped me from wanting to do things or buy things. I think I heard the word recession for real and thought well, I'll fix that. Oh, but with what?
I thought about making a quilt and found out I am/was in way over my head. Never done one before, but I did buy myself a sewing machine on Black Friday that is sitting under the tree. That's got to be a start right?
I bought three embroidery patterns from here. I would put a link as to which ones but it likes they are all sold. So it might make me feel better to know I'm not the only one out there buying embroidery patterns. Oh, did I mention that I have never embroidered either? Again, didn't stop me.
And tonight, what am I doing? Going shopping (of course). But I have a shitload of gift cards that need to get used before these companies go out of business. I love me some gift cards but apparently I just hoard them until the last minute.
Oh, and I have to get a new "wrist ring", I have no idea what to call it. Somehow mine came unscrewed and I lost it somewhere. And now I just look at my wrist and I feel like I want to squeeze the life out of this huge looking blackhead that is staring back at me. Oh wait, it's not a blackhead...
Thanks for letting me ramble.
December 2, 2008
November 24, 2008
November 22, 2008
I have had a few things come up in comments and I just thought I would answer everything here, okay? Okay.
Lindsi - thanks for letting me know about Mulan. I was totally at a loss on that one. Also, thanks for the ideas for Liz, I still have no clue as to what to do. And as a side note, is it just me or does Kyle Whittingham remind anyone of Zach?
Chelsie - I think the correct thing would be, my sister and I are thinking of going to Ellen and would love to have you come along. All joking aside, yes you can stay here. If you are going and need a place, just email me. And, I need your address.
Lindsay - love the wreath! Ellie took the tops off my ornaments last year when she pulled everything off the tree so I have tons of bulbs to already work with! (thank you to Jessica for pointing that out). I didn't get your email so email your address and I'll get one out on the condition that I get one in return...
Camille and Shawni - I need your addresses. Please email me as well.
That should be all to clear up the comments but I can't leave without one more thing...
#14 BYU (10-2) 3 14 7 0 24
#7 UTAH (12-0) 10 17 0 21 48
November 21, 2008
November 20, 2008
In other news, this has been a conversation about 5 times today...
Ellie: Mom, I think I hear something on the roof.
Me: What do you hear?
Ellie: Could it be Santa Claus?
Me: I don't think so, you still have a few more days.
Ellie: Oh yeah, a few more days for Santa Claus and his wife.
Labels: utes/stuff ellie says
November 17, 2008
November 14, 2008
I was forwarded this and thought I would add it here. Come on peeps, do it with me and post it!
Place an X by all the things you've done and remove the X from the ones you have not. Answer the 30 questions at the end and send it to your friends. This is for your entire life!
(x) Gone on a blind date
(x) Skipped school
( ) Watched someone die
(x) Been to Canada
(x) Been to Mexico
(x) Been to Florida
(x) Been on a plane
(x) Been lost
( ) Been on the opposite side of the country
(x) Gone to Washington, DC
(x) Swam in the ocean
(x) Cried yourself to sleep
( ) Played cops and robbers
(x) Recently colored with crayons
(x) Sang Karaoke
(x) Paid for a meal with coins only?
(x) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't?
(x) Made prank phone calls
(x) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose
(x) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
(x) Danced in the rain
(x) Written a letter to Santa Claus
(x) Been kissed under the mistletoe
( ) Watched the sunrise with someone you care about
(x) Blown bubbles
(x) Gone ice-skating
( ) Been skinny dipping outdoors
(x) Gone to the movies
1. Any Nicknames? Luna
2. Mother's name? LeeAnn
3. Favorite drink? coke and malibu
4. Any Tattoos? 2 - dolphins and a sun
5. Body piercings? ears, belly (long grown over) and now a dermal anchor in my wrist!
6. How much do you love your job? is this a trick question?
7. Favorite vacation spot? California
8. Ever been to Africa ? No
9. Ever eaten cookies for dinner? Probably
10. Been on TV? Does being in a Bon Jovi video count?
11. Ever steal any traffic sign? Yes - thank you Zach and Lindsi.
12. Ever been in a car accident? Yes
13. Drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? 4
14. Favorite salad dressing? Bleu Cheese
15. Favorite Pie? Pumpkin
16. Favorite Movie? Singles
17. Favorite Holiday? Christmas
18. Favorite ice cream flavor? Not much of a lover of ice cream.
19. Favorite dessert? Berry cobbler from Claim Jumper.
20. Favorite food? Pizza
21. Favorite day of the week? Friday
22. Favorite brand of body wash? soap. plain and simple.
23. Favorite toothpaste? Crest
24. Favorite smell? Bounce
25. What do you do to relax? scrapbook
26. How do you see yourself in 10 years? I'm just looking forward to tomorrow. 10 years is way to long for a fly by your seat of your pants kind of girl.
27. How many siblings do you have? 2
November 13, 2008
Really, that should be enough said, but I will go on.
I have found that I use this word many, many times throughout the day. Be it driving, talking to people on the phone, driving...
This word in all it's glory pretty much sums up what I deal with on a daily basis. For those of you who choose not to swear, you are missing out. It is so liberating to just throw it out there.
You really should try it!
dumb-ass /ˈdʌmˌæs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [duhm-as]
–noun Slang: Vulgar. a thoroughly stupid person; blockhead
(this according to
November 11, 2008
The month to be grateful. I guess technically you should be grateful all the time (which I try to be), but now I am actually going to write it down. And what a better day then Veteran's Day which also happens to be my mom's birthday. Shout out to LeeAnn! Happy Birthday Mom!
Here is in no particular order things I am grateful for.
- red holiday cups at Starbucks. Gets you in that festive mood.
- my gym for letting Ellie go and run around and play with the other kiddos.
- my email inbox that just let me know that my friend Kristine W will be back in town and performing at Town Square.
- Cafe Rio salads.
- having a roof over my head tonight.
- my parents who lovingly watch Ellie twice a week and get her to take a nap!
- Joaquin. This has been a very tough year, and he still puts up with all my shit. (and I his, of course).
- dare I say it? Christmas music in November. I have to get in the mindset to work on projects! My latest purchase.
- diet coke.
- finding out that I have an "ulcer cell" in my eye (not to grateful about that), but, having a lovely pair of glasses that I can wear while healing.
- singing this song with Ellie in the car. Is it just me or is it so cool that I can sing a Joshua Radin song with my 2 year old.
- that the Utes are 10-0. Hmm, can BYU cougar fan say that? I don't think so! Go Utes!
- getting pedicures in November because you know I'll be wearing flip flops (but seriously hoping I could wear boots too).
So, for all you people that blog, I challenge you to do a grateful list too...
November 4, 2008
Election Day that is. No more crappy ads or having to mute your tv every time a commercial break comes on. After today we are done. And then we are all off an a new adventure...
But before all of that happens, a little recap!
Salt Lake was fantastic. The whole 36 hours I was there. The concert was fabulous which I already knew it would be, although that venue and the staff have something to be desired.
Nevermind how freaking fat I look, just concentrate on Joshua. For those of you who know my cousin Andy, doesn't he resemble him? A little freaky if you ask me. (And that would be Angela with us)
Anyway, he is so good that I would truly make everyone a cd and mail them out. However, my computer has other plans in that dept. and won't let me. But that is how good he is!
I also did a little shopping while in Salt Lake and the rest of the time just vegged out with Emilee. Didn't see anyone except for Lesa Coleman who I ran into at a scrapbook store. I didn't see anyone, nor was I planning on it. Jen, I had no idea you even read this blog. You need to come out of hiding more often. Sorry, I didn't see you, you seriously should have come to the show. I'll let you know when I'm coming again, we can do coffee church.
I found this tree out by Alta View Hospital and had to take a picture. The picture doesn't do it justice, it was actually more like fluorescent red. The coolest thing. Changing leaves is one thing I miss the most.
I got home on Friday afternoon, just in time to get Ellie ready to go trick or treating. However, before all the fun could begin, I had some fun of my own when my knee popped out. Last time this happened, it was captioned on film - that was one lucky shot but I will spare you the picture. Anyway, this time, my dad had to pop it back in. It just decided to stay off to the side for a while on its own. Poor Ellie was scared to death as her mother was screaming in pain. She just wanted to kiss it better. Too bad that trick doesn't really work. But, as you know, trick or treating had to go on.
Presenting Ms. Abby Cadabby. For those of you who don't know, she is a Sesame Street character. She loved getting all her treats and loved seeing the "spooky stuff". And of course that look on her face, is really the only one I get anymore when she has to say cheese as opposed to just look at the camera.
I have also started on my Christmas projects/gifts. It seems like I am starting early or at least that is what I keep telling myself because I think I better hurry up! Also, there should be an etsy announcement coming, so stay tuned!
And, one more thing, if you haven't already - GO VOTE!
Labels: utah travels/halloween
October 29, 2008
Heading out to the beautiful city of Salt Lake this afternoon. Solo. Leaving the fam behind.
Arriving just in time to go see Mr. Joshua Radin and Ms. Missy Higgins in what some might call the hood or a previous gay club - whatever you prefer.
Will be flying back just in time to take little Ellie (I mean Abby Cadabby) trick or treating.
October 28, 2008
Two posts in one day. Told you I would get better...
Last week we (J, me and Ellie) took a pretty impromptu trip to Disneyland. It was so fun with a two year old. And I have to say I was glad we just went and didn't listen to the critics (my family) who said we were crazy.
Ellie absolutely loved it, which meant so did we.
We got a 2 day pass and went on Thursday and Friday which I totally recommend going on a weekday. Thursday, the longest wait was maybe 15 minutes. However, by Friday night it was a totally different story.
Ellie loved seeing the characters and gave them all hugs as though she had never been hugged before. Every day when we walked in, she said lets go see the magic.
She was even given a pin that said honorary citizen of Disneyland. We were just be-bopping to the music while waiting for the parade to start and some worker walked by a couple of times and then gave her one. He said it might get us on the rides a little faster - didn't happen. Oh well, I don't think they just hand those out to everyone...
(can anyone tell me who this is?)