December 31, 2008
December 24, 2008
Bring it on.
The other night we went to Opportunity Village with some friends of ours, where they have this whole Christmas everything.
Luckily we got there when it opened and had free tickets (thanks to the Santa walk/run) so we didn't have to wait in the huge line. We got to go see Santa again...
This time, Ellie just walked right up and said "Hi, Santa". Joaquin video taped her sitting on his lap this time but failed to get that part. Therefore, I have to document.
And, here are just some pictures to highlight the night.
December 23, 2008
(you can click on the picture to make it bigger)
I don't know if any of you have ever heard of this but they have some very cool stuff. So, in case you are looking for a new look, I thought I would pass this on. Go for it!
I especially like this one.
December 22, 2008
I saw a commercial yesterday with Keri Russell in it. And I just had flashbacks of Felicity. Remember that show? Why can't they have shows like that anymore? Come on, admit it - you loved Felicity too!
A good Christmas movie. Still have yet to watch it this year, but still a good one. Any other good ones out there to recommend?
December 21, 2008
this. I use this every time I am in the kitchen, sounds dumb, but really it comes in handy.
this just opened about 4 blocks from my house. Good place for gift cards!
this. Only because mine broke last night. I see another trip to the genius bar in my future. ASAP.
Labels: christmas ideas
December 20, 2008
from my friend, Kristine W.
It is a dance version of O Holy Night - give it a listen, what have you got to lose?
Click on this and it will take you to the Borders Books website. Once there, search Kristine W and click on the "Hey, Mr Christmas" album. There should be a link at the top for free download and you are done.
Think of it as an early Christmas gift from yours truly!
Labels: kristine w
December 19, 2008
So, I am at my local drive thru yesterday picking up some lunch and this is the conversation with the guy at the window...
Mr Drive-thru: Gee, it's getting pretty cold out here.
Me: Not like yesterday.
Mr Drive-thru: Oh yes, I'm a junior in high school and yesterday we had a field trip on the strip and you couldn't see anything. Not even the hotels. The sky was just grey.
Me: (being the scrapbooker) Did you get any good pictures?
Mr Drive-thru: Oh yes, we took tons. And you know kids these days, we always have to put stuff on myspace.
Me: Oh yes, kids these days.
Mr Drive-thru: Yes, just download then upload. Have a good day!
Now, normally I wouldn't be bothered. However, I think it was the way he said you know kids these days. Meaning, look at this old lady I'm talking to and in no way does she have a myspace. Well, you are right Mr Drive-thru, I don't. But it isn't because I'm only 20 years older than you. So there.
December 18, 2008
So, the cold has hit the whole Ceballos family. We are loving it here. I seriously feel like I have so much to get done but I just get home from work and go to bed. Not to good when you have to be productive. My to do list just keeps getting longer with nothing getting crossed off, and you know how I hate that! So, anyway, if I owe you an email or a comment on a blog post or something in the mail, it will get there eventually.
Until then, what is this? I want to go!!
December 17, 2008
Today is somewhat of a bad day. Emotionally, mentally and physically.
However, it's December and it's snowing here AGAIN so I had better snap out of it.
Just a few things -
1. Congratulations to my mom on her etsy shop, she is sold out of everything but one childrens apron, and continues to take custom orders. So, ya know if anyone wants one...
2. I still have so much stuff to do in the next week. Holy shit, Christmas is right around the corner and I am sick and don't feel like doing anything. Let alone working all week!
3. Thanks to everyone who posted a recipe, I have printed them out and I'm sure I will make every one of them at some point.
4. Which leads me to a winner of the cd - Ms. Erica was randomly picked out of the bowl. I'll get it sent out to you asap. I hope you enjoy it! And thanks to everyone else for playing along.
5. I still haven't gotten an earring/piercing for my wrist. I know I said I was going weeks ago, and I did at 11:00 am. Apparantly, they don't open until 1 pm. Nice life. So I just have this open hole, which is really bugging me.
December 16, 2008
December 14, 2008
December 13, 2008
Today I tackled Christmas shopping. I got so much done in a matter of 5 hours and most of it at Costco. You've got to love one stop shopping. You've got to hate the traffic. I swear, in this town, if someone isn't honking their horn, something isn't right. This isn't New York City people!
I was listening to the radio today and seriously getting sick to my stomach. Ellie has seriously worn me out with this Christmas music. I can't even listen to normal good music anymore. I have lost a taste for it. I hope I can get over this soon. I can't get addicted to talk radio again!
And, don't forgive about the GIVEAWAY in the previous post!
December 12, 2008
Oh yes, the giveaway item. I have tried to scan in it but it's not working. I have tried to look it up on line but haven't been able to find it anywhere. So you will just have to go with an explanation.
It's a brand new cd! With artists such as Sara Bareilles , Gomez, Rachael Yamagata, The Weepies, and of course Joshua Radin. I really don't know what could be better!
December 11, 2008
I have come to realize that it has been a loooong time since I have actually listened to my ipod. So, I pulled it out today to see what I actually had on it. I haven't loaded any Christmas music on it this year. I would have to say it is because whenever I am in the car with Ellie (which is most of the time), we have to listen to Christmas music. And not just any cd. It's her cd with kids singing the songs. What a $4.99 mistake that was. I have to listen to it every damn day. And loud, if she can't hear it to sing along to, she freaks out. The only song she makes me skip over is Little Drummer Boy. She doesn't like that one. But who does? I knew she had to take after her mother on something.
Back to the ipod. Here are the 10 songs that just came up.
- 5:19 - Matt Wertz
- Stay - Lisa Loeb and Nine Stories (remember her)
- Don't Give Up - Ferras (I have no idea where this came from, but it's not bad)
- The Lucky One - Alison Krauss & Union Station (ah, this reminds me of my wedding video)
- Shame For You - Lily Allen
- Andy, You're A Star - The Killers
- Sister Rosetta - Noisettes (another one that I have no idea who it is, but after listening, may have to delete)
- Food Chain - Eric Hutchinson
- Waiting - Glen Phillips (love me anything affiliated with Toad the Wet Sprocket. Have I ever mentioned they are the best band ever?)
- Man In Uniform - Pete Yorn (another man I love)
Speaking of music - Christmas or not, look for tomorrow's blog post (because you know, I'm doing this every day). I don't know, there could be a giveaway or somethin!
December 10, 2008
I really don't have that much to say.
December 9, 2008
Ellie, Jessica, my mom and I went to go see Kristine W perform last night at Borders books. She was promoting her new Christmas cd. I figure I had better take Ellie as she won't be able to see her again until she has a fake id and can get into the clubs.
And, the best news of the night - she is in negotiations to start playing Vegas again 2 weekends a month. So, just so you know, if anyone is planning on coming to visit, you will be going to see her if she is in town. Non negotiable!
Labels: kristine w
December 7, 2008
This is what I have done for the last 2 days. Well this and other things, but anyway...
This would be the process and the end result of the Bagley famous caramels. Or as Ellie says, delicious caramels. For those of you who know what I am talking about, I made my first 2 batches this weekend.
Don't you wish you lived here to get in on the goodness?
December 6, 2008
I'm not sure why I thought it would be a good idea to blog everyday in December - it's a lot of work.
Anyway, here goes...
1. I got the o.k. to start wearing contacts again. What a joy! My left eye that had the ulcer in it, did get worse. I'm not sure how that is really possible since I'm about one point from being declared blind, but I guess I'll take what I can get.
2. We took Ellie to the 2nd annual Hometown Holidays. She didn't disappoint us either with her dancing skills. My dad said, forget my gym, you need to get her in dance classes. She can cut a rug and not to mention she is not at all shy about getting up on stage. She met all the characters again, and when she saw Elmo and Rudolph, she wouldn't let go of their legs! It was hilarious. Rudolph finally picked her up and she laid on his shoulder while he danced around. And then of course, there is the obligatory visit with Santa. Again.
3. Jessica, Ellie and I did the Las Vegas Santa Run this morning. Basically, it's a 5k run/walk and you have to dress in a Santa suit that they give you to try and break the record for having the most Santa's in one location. Who knows if we broke the record but there was a hell of a lot of red suits around. I just hope I didn't confuse Ellie with the Santa garb. You had to wear the whole damn thing to participate too.
And that's all for today. Don't forget to check back tomorrow. You know with this everyday thing...
Labels: december festivities
December 5, 2008
Dawn dishwashing liquid.
Ellie had left a chocolate bar in her coat and I didn't realize it. Basically, chocolate spots all over the load of whites that I had just washed and dried. Soaked everything in this great stuff for 2 hours and washed them again and everything is just like new! Serious praise for this product!
Leftover Spaghetti Pie via Kraft Kitchens.
3 cups cooked spaghetti 1/4 lb. (4 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes 1 pkg. (6 oz.) OSCAR MAYER Deli Fresh Italian Style Chicken Breast Strips 1 jar (14 oz.) spaghetti sauce 2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
HEAT oven to 400ºF. Place spaghetti, VELVEETA, chicken and sauce in resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Shake sealed bag and press with hands until mixture is combined. Press mixture into 9-inch pie plate or 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
SPRINKLE with Parmesan.
BAKE 15 to 20 min. or until filling is heated through. Let stand 5 min. before serving.
Basically, if I can make it and if Joaquin goes for seconds and tells me that I can make it again, it must be a winner. Again, praise for Kraft.
And on another note, thanks to Chelsie and Megan who were our houseguests last night - thanks for coming!
And Tausha, in regards to your comment - I did make those things in the post from Dec 2, I just can't come up with that stuff myself!
December 4, 2008
Yeah, I didn't think so - ha.
However, in case you haven't noticed yet, I am trying to post daily in December. So far so good.
Back to business.
I found this and might need to make it next year when I can't keep telling Ellie that Christmas is only a few days away. Every day.
You can get the tutorial here.
And this. Simple, yet retro, I only wish I could find some cool pink felt. May have to go with the traditional red.
Make it yours. But as a side note, this would totally go with your decor, Jessica.
Then there is the idea of making picture ornaments of your family every year. I think I'm going to do this but just have Ellie and Santa. I have one of those from the last 3 years. And she can put them on her own tree. Everybody on three - cute.
Look at these. I can make these sometime too. How hard can these be? Remember, I just bought myself a sewing machine at 5:00 am on Friday morning. I should probably use it sometime.
Make yours here.
And, let's be real. This is never going to happen, but oh so clever. And I know my mom has or did at one point have tons of ric rac.
Have I inspired ANYONE?
You're more than welcome!
December 3, 2008
I have the shopping bug bad. And it's the craft shopping bug. I don't craft. I scrapbook. Which I guess is a craft but it pretty much ends with anything that isn't paper related.
However, that hasn't stopped me from wanting to do things or buy things. I think I heard the word recession for real and thought well, I'll fix that. Oh, but with what?
I thought about making a quilt and found out I am/was in way over my head. Never done one before, but I did buy myself a sewing machine on Black Friday that is sitting under the tree. That's got to be a start right?
I bought three embroidery patterns from here. I would put a link as to which ones but it likes they are all sold. So it might make me feel better to know I'm not the only one out there buying embroidery patterns. Oh, did I mention that I have never embroidered either? Again, didn't stop me.
And tonight, what am I doing? Going shopping (of course). But I have a shitload of gift cards that need to get used before these companies go out of business. I love me some gift cards but apparently I just hoard them until the last minute.
Oh, and I have to get a new "wrist ring", I have no idea what to call it. Somehow mine came unscrewed and I lost it somewhere. And now I just look at my wrist and I feel like I want to squeeze the life out of this huge looking blackhead that is staring back at me. Oh wait, it's not a blackhead...
Thanks for letting me ramble.