December 11, 2008

music.

I have come to realize that it has been a loooong time since I have actually listened to my ipod. So, I pulled it out today to see what I actually had on it. I haven't loaded any Christmas music on it this year. I would have to say it is because whenever I am in the car with Ellie (which is most of the time), we have to listen to Christmas music. And not just any cd. It's her cd with kids singing the songs. What a $4.99 mistake that was. I have to listen to it every damn day. And loud, if she can't hear it to sing along to, she freaks out. The only song she makes me skip over is Little Drummer Boy. She doesn't like that one. But who does? I knew she had to take after her mother on something.

Back to the ipod. Here are the 10 songs that just came up.

  1. 5:19 - Matt Wertz
  2. Stay - Lisa Loeb and Nine Stories (remember her)
  3. Don't Give Up - Ferras (I have no idea where this came from, but it's not bad)
  4. The Lucky One - Alison Krauss & Union Station (ah, this reminds me of my wedding video)
  5. Shame For You - Lily Allen
  6. Andy, You're A Star - The Killers
  7. Sister Rosetta - Noisettes (another one that I have no idea who it is, but after listening, may have to delete)
  8. Food Chain - Eric Hutchinson
  9. Waiting - Glen Phillips (love me anything affiliated with Toad the Wet Sprocket. Have I ever mentioned they are the best band ever?)
  10. Man In Uniform - Pete Yorn (another man I love)

Speaking of music - Christmas or not, look for tomorrow's blog post (because you know, I'm doing this every day). I don't know, there could be a giveaway or somethin!

2 comments:

Chelsie said...

ah i am so loving this every day stuff...it makes me feel like i don't have to post as much for some reason. i need to hear this christmas music that ellie loves so much, that is hilarious that she loves it so much...probably not for you though...sorry

Todd said...

The only version of "The Little Drummer boy" I like is the David Bowie/Bing Crosby duet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9KpNznVLlY