Introducing Aiden, aka: Little Dude.
Honestly, I don't even know if anyone even reads this blog anymore as let's face it, it has had it's share of neglection.
But, an update non the less.
And, here's the rest of the story...
Woke up Thursday, July 30th to what I thought was my water breaking. Oh, and I was right but wasn't quite sure until I googled it and found it that it had indeed broke. And just so you know, it doesn't just gush out like you think and I didn't start getting contractions after which I thought would happen so you can see why I would have to google such a thing.
Anyway, went to the hospital where they admitted me since my water had in fact broken. But, enough about that. A few hours of just sitting there pain free while playing solitaire and being on facebook, they finally put me on petocin to get the contractions started.
So, after being dilated to a 4, I asked for the epidural because sorry, I am not doing this pain free! After the epidural, I was already dilated to a 6 and the nurse left for a little bit. Joaquin was then looking at the baby heart monitor and nothing was on it so he went out to get the nurse. Meanwhile, I was feeling something and being that I was numb, was not quite sure what it was. I thought for sure I was going to have a bowel movement - to much information? get over it, I was giving birth! So, when the nurse came back in to check on the monitor, I told her what I was feeling and she looked and there was Aiden's head ready to pop right out!
The nurse went to get the doctor on call and after 6 pushes, little dude was born at 1:33 pm. And, for bragging rights he got a 10 out of 10 on the apgar. To which the nurse declared I have worked here 11 years and this is only about the 3rd 10 I have seen. Go Aiden!
Ellie has even warmed up to him - only took 2 or 3 days.
And, he has been a pure joy ever since!
Aiden 6 lbs 15 oz. 19 1/2 inches long
August 11, 2009
July 7, 2009
this 365 scrapbooking kit
If you click on the link, it should give you all the details you need. I have an extra one that has never been opened. I REALLY need to clean out my scrapbook room and I'm starting with this.
If anyone wants it, it sold (not available anymore) for $39.95. I'll sell mine for $30 and if you live in Utah, hopefully can be delivered in person to avoid outrageous shipping fees.
Just let me know, hopefully by next week as that is when the Utah trip will be...
June 24, 2009
Ellie has requested to have a hot dog birthday party.
The kid doesn't even eat hot dogs so I'm not sure where this came from.
It was initially a pink party and then she changed it to a hot dog party.
So, I'm thinking pink hot dog party - right?
Anyway, other than cooking hotdogs, does anyone have any ideas as to what can be done here?
And, if you happen to be in Las Vegas the end of July, feel free to come!
Labels: party ideas or lack there of
June 11, 2009
We are moving soon and therefore have been somewhat renovating the house we are moving too. I have some good tips on home improvements and some DIY projects but I need pictures to show you and just haven't taken those yet, so that will have to be a later post. "Whenever I see your smiling face, I have to smile myself because I love you" - Could be because we are listening to alot of James Taylor and Jimmy Buffett lately
However, I was thinking I wanted to do something like one of these...
in the aeroplane over the sea
The top picture retails for about $400 which I am unwilling to pay and the second was a DIY project.
If I did the first one, I was thinking of the lyrics
or for the second picture which is a whole song, I was thinking of "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson with the lyrics as follows...
If you were falling, then I would catch you
You need a light, I'd find a match
Cuz I love the way you say good morning
And you take me the way I am
If you are chilly, here take my sweater
Your head is aching; I'll make it better
Cuz I love the way you call me baby
And you take me the way I am
I'd buy you Rogaine when you start losing all your hair
Sew on patches to all you tear
Cuz I love you more than I could ever promise
And you take me the way I am
You take me the way I am
You take me the way I am
So, my question to all you blog readers - good idea? and if so, any other ideas for songs - I am completely open to more possibilities!
"Whenever I see your smiling face, I have to smile myself because I love you" - Could be because we are listening to alot of James Taylor and Jimmy Buffett lately
June 7, 2009
1. Ellie told me that I can't have her baby brother yet because I didn't have a hole to get him out. She told me that we had to find a hole but that we could do that later.
April 28, 2009
Still no pictures, however, here are just a couple of things Ellie said last week that I don't want to forget. Hope you enjoy them also.
She was talking to herself one day, saying "Look at that dog" and "What a cute dog". When I asked her if she was talking to her imaginary friend, she said "No, Barack Obama"
A commercial came on tv the other day for Glad bags where the mom is stuffing it full and the kid takes it down the hall, basically showing you how strong the bag is. Anyway, Ellie says "Oh, that will be cool for my brother to take out the garbage"
April 20, 2009
Does anyone out there still read this?
I know I'm bad about updating so I highly doubt it.
However, there may be that one person and that one person might benefit from this...
My good friend Heather D caught me onto this and it rocks so I thought I would pass it on.
http://www.organicgrocerydeals.com/ - they are the coupon retailer for Target. You go on the website and print out coupons for Target - that easy. I just stocked up on some and will be heading there later today.
Anyway, hope this helps that one person!
April 9, 2009
April 7, 2009
Still no pictures, I know I suck. Bad.
Blame it on the neighbors who took away my internet.
I just have to write down some things Little Ms Ellie has been saying lately...
1. While shopping the other day, she had a fit about sitting in the cart so I let her out - it was that or listening to her cry the whole time and having everyone look at me. So, I always needed her to be by me. When she would wonder off to look at something, I would have to tell her to come back. After about 20 times doing this, she says, "Mom, you are driving me crazy!"
2. This kid watches way to much tv. She can recite commercials without them being on. Should I be worried that she can call the attorney Glen Lerner but she doesn't know our phone numbers? Or that she knows that "those aren't antiques, those are rollover minutes"
3. When we came home from the ultrasound, we told her that she was going to have a little brother. She ran up to me with a hug and said "Thank you Mom". Joaquin took a picture of it but you know, I can't post those.
4. I bought her a cd the other day of Mickey Mouse where they include your name in the songs. She listens to it every day. She thinks it is the coolest thing that they are talking to her. I hope she's not disappointed when we go to Disneyland next month and they have no idea who she is!
5. I took her to her first movie last week - Monsters Vs Aliens. She loved it. She kept saying "Sorry Mom, he's just a hugger." Again, from the commercials that she sees on tv.
6. My dad has taught her to use the term tasty viddles as in good food. He says it is an old western term but we have never heard of it. Anyway, again watching tv, the Reese's egg commercial came on - and she said "Oh Mom, those are delicious. You know what I call those - tasty viddles." I had to call the parents right away, they thought it was hilarious.
7. When we ask Ellie what we should name her brother, she says Willis. Because for a while we would all say to her "What are you talking about Willis?" (I don't want to hear any youngins saying they don't know what I'm talking about)
8. I have a mixed cd in the car, and whenever I need a good laugh I will turn it on some songs for Ellie to sing and dance to. She loves Beyonce "All The Single Ladies" and it is so matter of fact when she puts her hands up, I have tried to get it on video but she doesn't cooperate. She also sings along to Pink "So What" and Katy Perry "Hot N Cold"
9. We are trying to teach her the days of the week and the holidays. So she freaks out when she still sees Christmas lights up (they are on restaurants and stuff or I would be freaking out also), anyway, she will sigh and say Christmas is over. When I ask her what comes after Easter, she says Mothers day. Then I ask what we do for Mothers day and she says buy you stuff - she is catching on!
10. Seeing as how I am having a boy this time around, and this had better be the last kid, I was going through all of her old clothes to take to kid to kid consignment. Anyway, I came across a cute pair of shorts that were 6-12 months that she hardly got to wear. So, just for kicks I tried them on her and wouldn't you know - they fit. Seriously, she is going to be 3 in July.
11. She has loved looking through the scrapbooks of her lately, "Oh Mom, look how little I was" or "That is when I was in your tummy, just like my brother" You would think that after looking at the books, it would motivate me to actually start scrapbooking again. Maybe one day.
March 28, 2009
But only for a minute.
Basically I have no internet connection at home anymore.
Which means, I can't really post and I can't add pictures.
I have a lot of pictures to upload and a lot of things to post about what Ellie has
been saying lately.
I know I'm going to forget if I don't write these down somewhere.
But, I just wanted to let you blog readers know that...
Ellie is going to be a big sister. Well, I already announced that weeks ago. However,
she is going to be a big sister to her - - - Brother!
Just wanted to let you all know and hopefully I will be back sooner than later!
February 23, 2009
Ellie at 2 1/2 years old.
I got it on video. Never mind that I had to bribe her with a surprise in order for her to do it. And, I'm not sure what is going on with the sunglasses but I didn't want to push it.
I am 15 weeks pregnant as of now. The tiredness is starting to wear off and when I eat everything in sight, I am actually now starting to feel sick. So, I guess that is good. However, as of yet, it hasn't stopped me from eating. And it's starting to show. Dammit!
The weather is so great here lately that it is the kind of weather where you just want to listen to Toad the Wet Sprocket really loud and touch trees out the window of your car. Or maybe that is just me.
Speaking of music, if anyone has Coldplay, Britney Spears or Katy Perry albums and they want to forward me a copy, that would be awesome! I'm sure there are others on the list but I haven't found a wish list on itunes yet so I lose track. (And, it's my blog so don't give me any crap about the music choices or you are off the list!)
I have been getting complaints that I really need to update the blog, but here it is. We got rid of internet access/phone/fax everything at the house and just use our cell phones now. This happened months ago and everything was fine since we were using an unsecured neighbor's internet. Well, they went ahead and secured it a while back. So, I have found someone else I can use but it is only available in a tiny corner in the bedroom. Really tiny. Basically if you step out of the corner with your laptop, you are screwed. But my lovely valentine gave me another iphone after my last catastrophe and so we are back!
I heard someone say that Joshua Radin was just trying to be Jason Mraz. People like that really need to be shot.
And to all the motorcycle metro cops who hang out behind the freeway signs on the overpass with their radar gun out to catch people below and call other cops ahead, that just isn't right. I haven't been a victim yet, but you never know. You should be looking straight ahead when you drive, not up!
That's all folks!
Labels: pledge video/misc
February 12, 2009
We have had to take poor little Ellie to the doctor twice this week. First time, they had to put oxygen on her as she was weezing and couldn't breathe.
The next day when she wasn't getting any better, we took her to another doctor where Joaquin's cousin is a nurse and they told us she is sick, she is getting her molars and she is getting an ear infection.
I probably should have taken a day off of work to help out, but instead I let my parents take care of her all week. Thanks guys! I owe you!
We have also started potty training. Again. This time, it seems to be going much better. Hopefully it will stick this time.
Sadly, that is pretty much all that has been happening around here.
Oh yes, and the fact that I am completely exhausted all the time also means no blogging.
I just got in the second trimester today - yay! So, hopefully this tiredness is almost over.
Back to our regularly scheduled program...
February 5, 2009
Hi ya'll, I figured it was time for an update but I was just waiting for the right time.
Now seems to be the right time!
Ellie is going to be a big sister. We are all very excited and somewhat shocked but all is well so we are now breaking the news.
I am 12 1/2 weeks and due in August!
That's a good blog post - no?
Labels: baby news
January 28, 2009
A couple of weekends ago we went to go stay at the brand new Encore hotel. The newest Steve Wynn property. They were giving away killer deals for locals and so we jumped on the chance. The place is pretty cool so if you are ever in town, you should check it out.
See, it does pay to be a local around here.
I also had a movie weekend which I haven't done in forever. I wanted to see more but apparantly everyone thought that 2 movies was plenty. I guess I just need to start going by myself...
We saw Slumdog Millionaire. Great movie if you haven't seen it.
We also saw Revolutionary Road. A movie that made you somewhat think, but pretty depressing. The acting was good though.
Ellie has learned The Pledge of Alligiance, now I am just trying to get it on video.
Oh yes, and like I said I got suckered into joining facebook. And I have dreamt about the damn thing every night since. Freak!
That's about all over here. Sorry for the lame update but I figured it's almost February, I better get something else in before that!
January 26, 2009
To facebook or not to facebook?
That is the question...
I have had a few people tell me I should join, but I have no idea what the flip it really is or how it works. Plus the fact that I feel like I'm too old to do it.
Anyway, is it basically like myspace, where you just have conversations with people so I could still do the blog? And keep in mind, I am not the kind of person who goes out and says please be my friend and thanks for the add (like myspace) so if it's like that, I don't think I want in.
Anyway, just inquiring, anything anybody can answer would be great.
And, another thing, is it going to be so addicting that I won't be able to get anything else done including this blog?
edited: just found this blog post, and yes it answered many questions. But I still need to hear from you people...
edited again: I took the plunge. I signed up. Let's see how this goes.
Labels: facebook misc
January 21, 2009
January 20, 2009
I have to say that I am pretty excited about what President B.O. (as I like to call him) is going to do around here.
Only time will tell I guess.
And I'm sorry if I have eliminated all of my family members from reading this blog again by stating the above. But you should continue, you are going to miss out on good stuff!
One more thing, if Jessica does leave a comment on this, I am already laughing at what I think she might say!
And last but not least, a little video quiz...
January 13, 2009
January 12, 2009
January 10, 2009
So, do you ever have one of those awkward moments?
In one of those awkward moments, I really mean any awkward moment really.
Well, I had one today.
I called my friend Liz to wish her a Happy Birthday, when she informs me that her mom died a few days before Christmas. I was floored, shocked, and obviously had no idea.
While I was calling to wish her a Happy Birthday, all I could say was I'm sorry.
So, obviously, I should probably check in with my friends more often.
Who knows what they have to tell you.
With that, I challenge you - call, email, write a letter - whatever, just get in contact with that person who you haven't talked to in a while.
You don't know what they have to tell you until you talk to them!