April 1, 2008

it's april. fool.

Where did March go?

Last post was about going private. It will still happen, most likely later than sooner. I have everyone's emails from the comments and emails you have sent me so you will be covered. If anyone else wants in, let me know. Sometimes I just feel like I have to vent about things without some people reading it (none of you by the way who commented) but then I get over myself. We'll see if it happens again in the near future.

So, between then and now, Ellie turned 20 months on Thursday.



So, again, a little update. Mainly for me but feel free to read along. She counted up to 15 the other day without the help of Sesame Street. I asked her what an iguana was and she told me. I seriously have no idea where she learned that one. She is getting to be very shy around people her height. Adults, she can be okay around, but, put a kid in the mixture and she will run the other way. She has started liking orange juice and she loves Cafe Rio quesadillas. She also loves the cookies I make. She is also starting to help put her toys away and she takes things to the garbage. She still loves Sesame Street but has now taken to Winnie the Pooh as well. She did watch the Jungle Book and The Bee Movie the other day and liked them both. However, she is also starting to hit. Time out is going to be full force in our household! And, honestly, I have no idea what the hell I am doing in the timeout dept - I'm old. They didn't have that when I was kid. I just got grounded for life. (Remember that mom and dad - of course you don't).
Anyway, despite all of this, she is still my ellie belly and my pretty girl. Love you.

We also had Easter brunch over at the parents last Sunday. Ellie had herself a miniature egg hunt. Had no idea what was going on. Hoping next year, she "gets it".


This is usually the kind of picture I have been getting lately when I pull out the camera. Isn't this stage starting a little early?

And, here she is playing with a real live easter bunny. Thanks to my parents neighbors for supplying the fun.

We also had some out of towners come visit us this past weekend. My 2 aunts and 2 cousins came to visit us from Utah. All they wanted to do was shop. And shop. And shop. And, that they did. I still hadn't charged my camera since Barry Manilow so I didn't take one picture. But, I'm sure if you go here or here they might have some pictures for you at some point. It was a fun weekend and you guys will have to come down again. Glad you made it back home safe after your snow storm. Sucks going into that after a lovely weekend - doesn't it?

And then next we move on to this weekend where Andy and Daren will be coming down to golf. I so wish they didn't already have 4 players, I would love to drive the cart. It's the best part of golf!

Did anyone catch Dancing With The Stars last night? Was it just me or was that Count Von Count singing Roxanne? Of course, without all of the ha,ha,ha's.


I should scoot, but I hope you all did some sort of April Fool - I'm not creative like that so nothing happened around these parts. Maybe you should all give me ideas for something to do next year.

Oh, and lastly, thank you all for your ideas on the 40th birthday trip coming up. I have one in mind, Joaquin just needs to renew his passport!

2 comments:

Chelsie said...

I love her little Easter outfit! She is so cute. Ah, I'm so sorry that she started to hit! Let me know how that time out thing works...my parents never did that either...so I'm at a loss for advice for you..sorry. I'm glad you guys had fun with the fam. Maybe next time I'll have to go down with them

Unknown said...

Hi Lori, Ellie is so cute. I love her little dress. I have been so busy lately I haven't even blogged. Heres a good April fools joke that I believed for a minute smithpack.blogspot.com My mom said she had fun visiting you. I will email you later about the recipe. Camille