January 28, 2008

my fellow americans.

Just a few things...

First out, kuddos to Liz for quitting her job and being a stay at home mom. Lucky you and the rest of you out there! Now, it's my turn!

Second, thank you all for the recipes. I have cooked every night since Friday. So far 3 meals were hits, 1 was a miss. First night I made Coke chicken as I had the ingredients on hand. It turned out dry and not to exciting but the next night, I recycled the chicken and made chicken enchiladas and Joaquin loved those. Last night I made the easiest baked ziti ever and then tonight we had another easy dish of chicken cordon bleu bake. Another hit. 4 dinners in a row - miraculous! If anyone wants any recipes, let me know.

Third, these are on sale at Target if anyone wanted to send me a valentine!

Fourth, I took this video of Ellie yesterday at the opening of Sesame Street - you may need a translator but I think you should get the general idea. At the end, she is mimicking Cookie monster. Cracks me up every time I watch this.

And here are her stats from the doc today - height 32 1/4 inches (50-75%), weight 21 lbs 10 oz (10-25%), head 48 cm (75-90%) so again, the doctor says "so she is long and lean with a big noggin" and then Ellie blew him a kiss when he left.

Fifth, I have a new reader, yeah! Camille, email me - lbags999@yahoo.com so I can have your email address.

And, let me answer some questions some of you had over the last few posts.

Lindsi - totally hadn't thought of the Y thing. Good news, Ellie was watching Sesame Street tonight (go figure) and U was the letter of the day. When they were holding them up, I asked her what the letter was and she got it right - we are on to something!
Chelsie - I have been collecting flamingos since high school when we would go out and steal (or borrow if you will) them from peoples yards. However, now the collection has moved to stuffed animals.
And, Joshua Radin. I learned about him from my good friend (or so I like to think) Zach Braff. I have known about him for a couple years and went to go see him at a bar here in town with about 20 other people - fabulous!
Melaney - I did try the family cookbook a while ago, I may need to pull it out again. I like the easy ones though!
Tausha - the dogs at the top are my parents. I don't know if you can see her right hand but it looks like she is talking to them with her hand and of course, they are listening!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I BET SHE HAS MISSED ME! GOOD THING SHE IS WITH ME TODAY. WHAT GOT INTO TO YOU,ITS NOT LIKE YOU TO COOK??? WHEN CAN WE COME FOR DINNER?

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...a dinner party would be huge! Loved the video! Oh and Danielle's child who just turned one last week weighs more then Ellie.
Emilee

Chelsie said...

Ah man, that's too bad that coke chicken turned out dry. But I'm glad that the other recipes are working out. I'm impressed 3 nights in a row! I want your chicken cordon bleu bake recipe that was easy! That video is so cute...it had me crackin up! Sadly my son and your daughter weight the same right now....he's a chunk! Ah I love Zach Braff! Way to heed to his music advice!

Anonymous said...

Baked Ziti recipe, please. Email me before the end of the week.

jessica said...

OMG!!! That is so funny! I miss her! And you too. I'm pretty sure she said guess-gee-ka, as in jessica, in the middle of all the other names. She must miss me too