August 3, 2007

glorious friday

Ah, I am really going to enjoy getting used to this schedule. So nice to actually feel like I have accomplished something at my house!
For instance, today:
I finished 2 loads of laundry
I went grocery shopping (where I really feel like a mom because on a Friday morning, that is who is at the grocery store with the kids)
I had a lengthy conversation with Liz (that doesn't happen much anymore)
I made dinner out of the Bagley family recipe book and Joaquin actually went back for seconds (not a normal occurance)
Ellie took a morning and afternoon nap!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We went to lunch at Cafe Rio (where else) for Jessica's homecoming
I gave myself a manicure
I started Joaquin's anniversary gift and am almost done
I started on thank you notes
all of this because I now have 4 day work weeks - love it!!!

And one week from today I will be in fabulous Seattle with my husband celebrating our 3rd year anniversary. A month early but still 3 years - or 15 years give or take a few...hard to believe none the less.

And while talking to Liz today, I realized I have a new blog admirer, so this is for you Meredith. Of course it would be better if everyone was looking at the camera, but why be picky?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great day!

Anonymous said...

What recipe did you cook?
Mel

Anonymous said...

I haven't had a flattering picture taken since the day I got married. What do you think that means?

Meredith LOVED her postcard.