July 29, 2007

ahh...the party

So, apparently being from Cuba, everyone is on "island time". This whole time, I thought it was just Joaquin. The invitations go out saying party at 5:00 which apparently in "island time" means anywhere from 6:00 to 9:00. Aside from them being there at some point, we ran out of propane at a bbq, the fire alarm went off from the smoke, Ellie got lots of gifts and I think everyone had an okay time. At least for the gringos, it will be a story to tell and hey, we have another year until it all happens again!
Thanks to everyone for their help and for all the gifts - Ellie is going to be having lots of fun. And I will leave you with one of my favorite pictures of the night...

and this was before she really dove into the cake!

5 comments:

jessica said...

So fun!!! I already know which picture will be going on my myspace! She must miss me so much. I cant wait to come home in 5 days!!!

Anonymous said...

Great picture...Meredith was so dainty about eating her cake (a Clifford cake, by the way) I hardly had to wipe her face. I can't believe its been a year for you, but more than that I can't believe mine's almost 2.

If I'd known how much Ellie likes Elmo before I bought her gift, you would have gotten something completely different. We're experts on Elmo around here. But Meredith and I both love her piggy bank. She's learned colors, numbers, animals, not to mention eye-hand coordination and most of the words to every song. She even says "a-choo!" And more than any of that, we all thought it was important that any child who lives in Las Vegas should learn how to feed coins into a slot early on.

Anonymous said...

Even though dad had to cook burgers and hotdogs on the stove for a bit...it was still a good time! The best was seeing Ellie loving her chocolate cake! Can't wait until birtday #2!

Anonymous said...

i cant believe she is one! how she has changed all our lives, we are so lucky to have her. it was a good time. she will be 2 before you know it. just start the party later.

Anonymous said...

What a party! Please tell me that you did not make that Elmo cake or I will be way too jealous of your talents. Ellie is so cute. I can't believe she is already 1. Fun days ahead!