August 8, 2007

books...help

I went to the bookstore today in search for magazines for the plane ride and I always pass the best sellers section and wonder to myself, what if I actually read a book instead of these damn magazines all the time. So, I thought I would put this out there, I have no idea what book to read. I need suggestions. Something that I am going to WANT to read, that I can't put down book, or that I can read in like 2 days because it's so good. Oh wait, I don't have 2 days to read a book, maybe more like 2 weeks. I mean, no pressure or anything, but it has really got to be good because I already have some new ones at home collecting dust. Anyway, suggestions??? Anyone...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anything by David Sedaris, but "Me Talk Pretty One Day" or "Naked" are my favorites. Short stories so you can read them in small increments if you prefer. Better yet get it on CD. Hilarious, neurotic,and semi-autobiographical rantings. I laugh out loud.

I think I gave you some once, but I can't remember for sure. I thought about it anyway.

The District Girls said...

Have you read my "Sisters Keeper" by Jodi Picoult? That is one of my favorite books. Really I like most of her books so I recommend any of them except "Picture Perfect", I heard that wasn't so good.

Anonymous said...

The Kite Runner...to bad I have moms copy. Way good, I read it in Mexico and I'm taking his next one with me next week. I think I will be doing a lot of reading on this trip since it says it's going to rain everyday!
I'm reading a good one right now "Goodnight Nobody" by Jennifer something or other. She also wrote "Good in Bed" and "In her shoes". "Goodnight Nobody" is about a mom though so you might like it.
Go to moms house she has a library of books!
Anyway...happy reading!

Anonymous said...

another good one " a thousand splendid suns" by khaled hosseini the same author as "the kite runner" both are great books! who are the district girls?

Anonymous said...

I agree with The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. Good Things by Mia King was pretty good too. (I think that is the title).
Mel