May 27, 2008

where to begin...

First off, it has only been one week since the last post but I have been getting complaints to update. Thank you Taush.

So, what is happening around here???

Not much, that is probably why there has been no posting.

I had pink eye over the Memorial Day weekend - try finding an eye doctor, not going to happen. I got some OTC meds and have been taking care of it myself. How's that for efficient. The unfortunate thing about all of this is I had to wear my coke bottle glasses all weekend. Lovely. And Ellie was spared - that is a fabulous thing.

We went to Lake Mead yesterday, just the three of us. Basically to just go. Ellie loved throwing rocks into the lake after she saw other big kids doing it, so that is we did for about 1/2 hour.



We enrolled Ellie into a gymboree class here in town. Basically I think she is just going to run around with other kids for 45 minutes a week. We'll have to see how that goes. You know if a kid is within seeing distance she freaks out. This should be a joy.

Speaking of little Miss Ellie, she is indeed 22 months today. The pressure of planning a 2 year party and a 40 year party. Anyway, back to Ellie.. we have been having some kind of conversations lately. This was the one today after I picked her up after work.
Me: Ellie, did you go to the park today?
Ellie: Yep.
Me: Did you go on the slide?
Ellie: Yep and the dolphin.
Me: Oh, and the whale?
Ellie: Got all wet. Got all wet. Got all wet. And the dinosaur.
Me: Oh the dinosaur.
(and I kid you not, this came next)
Ellie: The ceratops.
Me: The triceratops?
Ellie: Yep, the dinosaur. Got all wet. Shoes wet.

I'm giving Sesame Street all the credit on the triceratops - go Elmo!
And she has number and letter flashcards that she plays with while we play cards. She had a 20 card the other day - I asked her what it was and she said twenty. How in the hell? I'm thinking two and zero. But no, she said 20. Amazing.
She is also into saying fall down and then she falls on her butt. I guess it's okay since she has padding but I'm thinking, you already have the mongolian spots, can we not add bruising with it.
And then this precious child just poo'ed in the bathtub. Luckily the water was gone but when I went to clean it up she just kept saying "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh".
I'm telling you - this kid is a sponge.

And again about Tausha, she tagged me a few weeks so I guess I should get on that - here ya go...

Answer the following with only one word.
1. Where is your cell phone? pocket
2. Your significant other? eating
3. Your hair? clean
4. Your mother? wonderful
5. Your father? ditto
6. Your favorite thing? tons
7. Your dream last night? nightmare
8. Your favorite drink? malibu
9. Your dream/goal? money
10. The room you're in? kitchen
11. Your children? eating
12. Your fear? death
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? stable
14. Where were you last night? parents
15. What you're not? 20/20
16. Muffins? Mimi's
17. One of your wish list items? megabucks
18. Where you grew up? Utah
20. What are you wearing? jeans
21. Your TV? on
22. Your pets? none
23. Your computer? mac
24. Your life? entertaining
25. Your mood? chocolate
26. Missing someone? kristine w (live)
27. Your car? acura
28. Something you're not wearing? contacts
29. Favorite Store? scrapbook
30. Your summer? hot
31. Like someone? maybe
32. Your favorite color? green
33. Last time you laughed? today
34. Last time you cried? yesterday

So whoever wants to take the challenge, go for it. One word answers are alot harder than you think.

And a little reminder to go out and get the Sex and the City soundtrack - it sounds like a good one!

No comments: