May 20, 2008

less than 3 months away and counting...

As I have mentioned before, I am trying to plan a surprise trip for Joaquin's 40th birthday. I have heard that the surprise party I am planning might not be much of a surprise since Cuban people can't keep a secret. So basically, I have to tell them all the day before and we'll see who shows up.
So, if anyone wants to come to Vegas in August, I'll hook you up with some down home Cuban food.

Anyway, I still haven't figured out where to go on vacation.
My original thoughts were either Denver or Chicago since he has never been to either one. But then I figured those places would probably be more for me than him.
We have both been to NYC so that was out.
We went to Mexico last year and are going again next year so that was out also.
San Diego would be good but we are going there in September.
Then I thought of Santa Barbara. I have heard it is very cool there. However, when I looked up flights and hotel - well, let's just say we could go to Buenos Aires, Argentina for a week for the same price as Santa Barbara for 4 days.
And Buenos Aires was also an option until I saw the 20 hour plane ride.
And Joaquin has yet to update his damn passport.
So, this is where I am now...
I'm thinking Canada (and yes, he will have to get that passport). He has never been and I have only been to Vancouver for 1 day about 20 years ago.
Anyone ever been to Vancouver or Toronto?
Those are the 2 leading cities at this point.
Thoughts? Help me out!

Thanks kids!

4 comments:

Chelsie said...

hmm...brandon and I haven't been out of the state together since we were engaged... :-( And all I know about Canada is I grew a strange love for it after watching strange brew...eh

Tausha said...

kal has been both places he said...
vancouver is beautiful! the seafood is fantastic! kal loved driving through town, outisde the city-there is some awesome architecture! he has satyed in a some pretty sweet hotels that overlook the bay. bad things-canade airfare has gone way UP!!! 300 flights have jumped to 1000! Make sure you check that out. also-you are going during cruise time, so he said, be prepared to wait in customs for at least 2 hours! Toronto is not pretty. he didn't really like it!

LOved the numbers post. Might have to steel that idea! Also-as soon as I can get all the chicks to post their info-I will let you know who you are swapping with.

Bags said...

If you go to cananda you can get Jess a cat. They are really cheap up there...I'm not sure why.

jessica said...

I already asked Em. She said no. :( I'd do it for her.