December 18, 2007

moo.

I went to the dentist on Monday to get a dental implant.
They did a bone graph and found I didn't have enough bone because of a root canal gone haywire.
They had to add bone to my existing bone so that in 4 months I can get the implant done.
Hence, the moo. They added cow bone to my bone and in 4 months it should all be molded together.
They did do another implant in another tooth and in that one just have to wait 2 months for that to heal to get my tooth in.
Basically, I am walking around here when I should be in Mississippi because I have 2 tooth missing.
Luckily, one is in the very back but the other, well, I just can't smile very big for 2 months.
If you catch me grazing in the front yard, you will know why.
And, I apologize if anyone is from Mississippi.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny! Good thing you can laugh at yourself!

Chelsie said...

Ha, I hope someone sees you grazing in the front yard...you should post a picture of that. As for all the dental stuff...that doesn't sound fun at all! I'm sorry!

Vic, Linds, and the girls... said...

That sucks... You are not alone. My husband had to do the same thing and get a transplant. They had to pull the tooth and start over. From start to finish was 7 months, which is FOREVER without a tooth. Luckily his was the 2nd from the back. I always use to wonder why when you would see people who were missing a tooth why they wouldn't get it fixed. Now I know different and know never to judge because in actual reality the process takes so damn long. Hope all goes well. Hope you had a Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!!