December 3, 2007

just pat me on the back.

It has been a long 4 day weekend for me and not intentionally so. I had Friday off as I usually do and then had to call in sick today. Thanks to Ellie. Somehow she has managed to get everyone sick. However, as I type this Monday evening I feel worse than I did this morning when I called in. Go figure.

Anyway, while having 4 days off, I managed to get a lot in, if I do say so myself.

Made this.
Peppermint Fudge


FUDGE LAYER

3 tsp. butter, softened
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 c. powdered sugar
6 Tbsp. baking cocoa
1 tsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract

PEPPERMINT LAYER

2 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. milk
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
1/4 c. crushed peppermint candy (about 10-12 candies)

Line the bottom and sides of a square baking dish with foil. Grease foil with butter; set aside. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese. Gradually beat in powdered sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla. Spread into prepared pan. Chill for an hour until firm. For peppermint layer, beat cream cheese in a small mixing bowl. Gradually beat in powdered sugar, milk and extract. Stir in peppermint candy. Spread evenly over chocolate layer. Chill for an hour or until firm. Using foil, lift fudge from pan. Gently peel off foil and cut into squares.

and these.
Pretzel Hugs


1 bag pretzels
1 pkg. M&Ms
1 pkg. Hershey "Hugs"

Place pretzels on baking stone or sheet. Place a Hug on each pretzel and bake at 200 degrees for about 8 minutes (just watch for the Hugs to melt). Remove from oven and promptly place a couple of M&Ms on each pretzel, pressing into the melted chocolate. Allow to cool before serving.

And Pillsbury holiday cupcakes.

These were all so easy so I thought I would include the recipes for ya. Sorry though, I can't take credit for the photos.

Then today, I was able to get most of my christmas cards done. It still might be a little early though to actually stick those in the mail. However, I have some going to Cuba so maybe not...

3 comments:

Tausha said...

I am impressed! You did all those things while you were sick? So-the treats you made were yummy? I am not one who usually turns down a recipe for a yummy easy treat! Hope that you all get better! Take some airborne and dont forget your vitamins! Have a better day tomorrow! Talk to you soon!

Chelsie said...

Your treats look so good...and like Tausha I'm very impressed you did all that while feeling under the weather. Thanks for sharing the recipes...I'll have to try them out!

Anonymous said...

You have all these people fooled that you cook! I don't believe for one minute that you made three different things all at once!