December 1, 2007

hometown holidays and them some

Thursday night we took Ellie to the park by our house for the annual Christmas festivities. She met up with Ms. Claus who she loved and then went dancing up on the stage once some of the crowd had cleared. She was dancing with all the characters - Rudolph, Frosty, some mouse, the gingerbread man and Curious George. She was hilarious. This is one time when I wished we would have had the video camera. She had her groove going on, and you all know where she gets that from. Ha! Some lady even said she has good ears, she can totally hear the beat! I'm telling ya, she got that from me! She wasn't shy at all. She was going all over the stage and she even got close to some other kids - that is a big step! Hopefully she can keep the groove going!





So around here we are all sick with colds. I was the last one to get it and it came today. Good times happening around these parts. Actually, this is Ellie's first bout with any kind of sickness so I'd say at being 16 months, that is pretty good. And, to think I only breastfed for 3 weeks.

And then tonight while I was finally loading the pictures from the other day, I was giving Ellie a bath and asked her if she wanted her picture taken and she said ok. So this is her in her bath with her newly painted festive fingernails. Thanks to Jessica for that!


Now we are going to settle down and watch The Lion King. Basically I am trying for anything other than Sesame Street.
Wish me luck!

Here's to a magical Sunday.

3 comments:

Chelsie said...

She looks so cute in her little vest and beanie getting her groove on! That looks like a fun little Christmas festivity...I don't know of anything like that they do around here. How fun. That is impressive about the cold! Cooper has already had like 3 and I am still nursing..sheesh! Lucky girl!

jessica said...

I LOVE the fingernails! I will take some credit for fostering her girlyness.

Anonymous said...

Tristan has the same exact jacket, but won't keep a hat of any kind on to save her life. I loved Elli's pigtails so much I've done Tristan's hair like that a few times now. Elli has so much more hair than Tristan though. She's a doll.