April 4, 2007

me?...no!

Okay, so this is what I have been coming home to in my mailbox for the last 3 months. Keep in mind, it is addressed to me.



Now, as most of you know, I am not hispanic but happen to have a hispanic name and so I guess people assume things.
Take for instance the telemarketers who have been calling me lately, asking for me in spanish. First time I said wrong number. Second time I said this is her and the lady had to say she was sorry because she didn't speak English. At this point, you are probably wondering why I would pick up the phone for telemarketers anyway - it is because lately, it is Grand Central Station around our house and I'm hoping if I pick up and say no they will stop calling. By the way, hasn't happened yet.
Anyway, I am sure it is a fabulous magazine and it is written in English but somehow it just ends up in the trash. I mean, Joaquin doesn't even read it.

So, if any of you reading this blog are telemarketers or editors of this fine publication - you can take me off the list.

No quiero!
Lori

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even know what to say...?

Anonymous said...

That's completely hilarious! You know, once when I was still living at home I got a miscellaneous subscription to Playgirl..you can imagine how well that went over with LaRae. Tony finally owned up to it about 10 years later...my money is on him.

Anonymous said...

I just read Lindsi's comments and I've reconsidered...there is no doubt in my mind it was Miss Clegg.