February 19, 2008

tasty tuesday #2.


I made these delicious cookies over the weekend. And since I'm such a nice gal, I thought I would pass these on to you... I think all the Chi Omega's up at Utah State make these also as Emilee would make them all the time. So, if you don't have the recipe, here you go!
Christine Lavin cookies (don't think I came up with these myself)

2 cups flour
1/4 cup wheat germ (not necessary but it might make you feel healthy)
8 oz chocolate chips
8 oz white chocolate chips
1 teaspoon salt
1 teasppon baking soda
1 cup unsalted butter (I use butter flavored crisco instead - makes them better, I think)
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs

In a big bowl, mix softened butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat in the eggs. Should be nice and smooth.

In a separate bowl, mix flour, wheat germ, baking soda and salt. When it's all mixed, add 1/3 of that to butter mixture. Mix that and continue with another 1/3 and so on.

Mix the chocolate chips and the white chocolate chips together and add in.

Cook on an ungreased cookie sheet in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. They should be a light golden brown color as shown.

If you like super soft cookies, these are the way to go - they melt in your mouth. However, the best way to enjoy these cookies is to have a little Christine Lavin playing in the background. You won't regret it!

On another note, I made a dinner last night that Joaquin went on and on about. He thought it was the best thing ever! I'll have to share that one with you later...

And, last but not least - Happy Birthday Lindsi!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lindsi!

I think I'm the only one who makes Christine Lavin cookies...however the girls all loved them! I too would play a little Christine when I would whip them up.
Emilee

Anonymous said...

I MADE C.L. COOKIES YESTERDAY AND THEY WERE NOT GOOD! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???? MOM

Camille said...

Those cookies look soooooo good. I just want someone (besides me)to make them and I will eat them :) Maybe tonight I will make them. thanks for the recipe. I'll have to tell you how they turned out. I hope I don't have the same problem as your mom.

Lindsi said...

I bought the ingredients for the cookies today, not including the wheat germ. My kids will thank you if I actually bake them!