May 10, 2007

stuff.

Oh Mexico
It sounds so simple
I just got to go...

We're leaving on Saturday morning. Yes, without our daughter. Yes, without our daughter on my first Mother's Day. I know she has no idea, but I do. Hopefully, on Sunday I'll be so busy swimming with the dolphins or something that I won't really remember it. Oh yeah, my mom will be there so that won't work. Wishful thinking.

My good friend Steph sent me this email, so for all you Mother's out there, I'm sure you will relate and Happy Mother's Day to all!

Before I was a Mom
>I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
>I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
>I never thought about immunizations.
>Before I was a Mom - I had never been puked on.
>Pooped on.
>Chewed on.
>Peed on.
>I had complete control of my mind a nd my thoughts.
>I slept all night.
>Before I was a Mom
>I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests.
>Or give shots.
>I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
>I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
>I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
>Before I was a Mom
>I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to
>put them down.
>I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I
>couldn't stop the hurt.
>I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
>I never knew that I could love someone so much.
>I never knew I would love being a Mom.
>Before I was a Mom -
>I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
>I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
>I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
>I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so
>Important and happy.
>Before I was a Mom -
>I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every
>10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
>I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache,
>the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
>I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom.

On another note, my mom was scrapbooking some things and needed to know when we went to New Jersey. Lucky for me, I scrapbook and was able to go back and get the date. But, while doing that I was looking through the old books. So many things I had forgotten about...

Seeing
Tina Yothers in concert.
Having my picture taken with Rick Fox at a Skechers party.
When I got stuck tending
Kristine W's son and neice at San Diego pride.
When Doug and Liz dressed up as cheerleaders.
The picture of the Twin Towers in New York City 03/01
Seeing Mark Eaton at Tuscany at one of the critically acclaimed Halloween parties.
The 2002 Winter Olympics where I picked up my Coke and fry sauce Olympic collector pin.
And, seeing myself years ago, thinking I was fat then-what was I thinking?

Anyway, this is a good reminder why I do all this stuff!

Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could have been a kick-ass cheerleader...but Doug is a triple-threat; cheerleader, dancer, and singer. If he had gone to Olympus I know he could have been in ensemble. What a talent!