November 26, 2008
November 24, 2008
November 22, 2008
I have had a few things come up in comments and I just thought I would answer everything here, okay? Okay.
Lindsi - thanks for letting me know about Mulan. I was totally at a loss on that one. Also, thanks for the ideas for Liz, I still have no clue as to what to do. And as a side note, is it just me or does Kyle Whittingham remind anyone of Zach?
Chelsie - I think the correct thing would be, my sister and I are thinking of going to Ellen and would love to have you come along. All joking aside, yes you can stay here. If you are going and need a place, just email me. And, I need your address.
Lindsay - love the wreath! Ellie took the tops off my ornaments last year when she pulled everything off the tree so I have tons of bulbs to already work with! (thank you to Jessica for pointing that out). I didn't get your email so email your address and I'll get one out on the condition that I get one in return...
Camille and Shawni - I need your addresses. Please email me as well.
That should be all to clear up the comments but I can't leave without one more thing...
#14 BYU (10-2) 3 14 7 0 24
#7 UTAH (12-0) 10 17 0 21 48
November 21, 2008
November 20, 2008
In other news, this has been a conversation about 5 times today...
Ellie: Mom, I think I hear something on the roof.
Me: What do you hear?
Ellie: Could it be Santa Claus?
Me: I don't think so, you still have a few more days.
Ellie: Oh yeah, a few more days for Santa Claus and his wife.
Labels: utes/stuff ellie says
November 17, 2008
November 14, 2008
I was forwarded this and thought I would add it here. Come on peeps, do it with me and post it!
Place an X by all the things you've done and remove the X from the ones you have not. Answer the 30 questions at the end and send it to your friends. This is for your entire life!
(x) Gone on a blind date
(x) Skipped school
( ) Watched someone die
(x) Been to Canada
(x) Been to Mexico
(x) Been to Florida
(x) Been on a plane
(x) Been lost
( ) Been on the opposite side of the country
(x) Gone to Washington, DC
(x) Swam in the ocean
(x) Cried yourself to sleep
( ) Played cops and robbers
(x) Recently colored with crayons
(x) Sang Karaoke
(x) Paid for a meal with coins only?
(x) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't?
(x) Made prank phone calls
(x) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose
(x) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
(x) Danced in the rain
(x) Written a letter to Santa Claus
(x) Been kissed under the mistletoe
( ) Watched the sunrise with someone you care about
(x) Blown bubbles
(x) Gone ice-skating
( ) Been skinny dipping outdoors
(x) Gone to the movies
1. Any Nicknames? Luna
2. Mother's name? LeeAnn
3. Favorite drink? coke and malibu
4. Any Tattoos? 2 - dolphins and a sun
5. Body piercings? ears, belly (long grown over) and now a dermal anchor in my wrist!
6. How much do you love your job? is this a trick question?
7. Favorite vacation spot? California
8. Ever been to Africa ? No
9. Ever eaten cookies for dinner? Probably
10. Been on TV? Does being in a Bon Jovi video count?
11. Ever steal any traffic sign? Yes - thank you Zach and Lindsi.
12. Ever been in a car accident? Yes
13. Drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? 4
14. Favorite salad dressing? Bleu Cheese
15. Favorite Pie? Pumpkin
16. Favorite Movie? Singles
17. Favorite Holiday? Christmas
18. Favorite ice cream flavor? Not much of a lover of ice cream.
19. Favorite dessert? Berry cobbler from Claim Jumper.
20. Favorite food? Pizza
21. Favorite day of the week? Friday
22. Favorite brand of body wash? soap. plain and simple.
23. Favorite toothpaste? Crest
24. Favorite smell? Bounce
25. What do you do to relax? scrapbook
26. How do you see yourself in 10 years? I'm just looking forward to tomorrow. 10 years is way to long for a fly by your seat of your pants kind of girl.
27. How many siblings do you have? 2
November 13, 2008
Really, that should be enough said, but I will go on.
I have found that I use this word many, many times throughout the day. Be it driving, talking to people on the phone, driving...
This word in all it's glory pretty much sums up what I deal with on a daily basis. For those of you who choose not to swear, you are missing out. It is so liberating to just throw it out there.
You really should try it!
dumb-ass /ˈdʌmˌæs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [duhm-as]
–noun Slang: Vulgar. a thoroughly stupid person; blockhead
(this according to
November 11, 2008
The month to be grateful. I guess technically you should be grateful all the time (which I try to be), but now I am actually going to write it down. And what a better day then Veteran's Day which also happens to be my mom's birthday. Shout out to LeeAnn! Happy Birthday Mom!
Here is in no particular order things I am grateful for.
- red holiday cups at Starbucks. Gets you in that festive mood.
- my gym for letting Ellie go and run around and play with the other kiddos.
- my email inbox that just let me know that my friend Kristine W will be back in town and performing at Town Square.
- Cafe Rio salads.
- having a roof over my head tonight.
- my parents who lovingly watch Ellie twice a week and get her to take a nap!
- Joaquin. This has been a very tough year, and he still puts up with all my shit. (and I his, of course).
- dare I say it? Christmas music in November. I have to get in the mindset to work on projects! My latest purchase.
- diet coke.
- finding out that I have an "ulcer cell" in my eye (not to grateful about that), but, having a lovely pair of glasses that I can wear while healing.
- singing this song with Ellie in the car. Is it just me or is it so cool that I can sing a Joshua Radin song with my 2 year old.
- that the Utes are 10-0. Hmm, can BYU cougar fan say that? I don't think so! Go Utes!
- getting pedicures in November because you know I'll be wearing flip flops (but seriously hoping I could wear boots too).
So, for all you people that blog, I challenge you to do a grateful list too...
November 4, 2008
Election Day that is. No more crappy ads or having to mute your tv every time a commercial break comes on. After today we are done. And then we are all off an a new adventure...
But before all of that happens, a little recap!
Salt Lake was fantastic. The whole 36 hours I was there. The concert was fabulous which I already knew it would be, although that venue and the staff have something to be desired.
Nevermind how freaking fat I look, just concentrate on Joshua. For those of you who know my cousin Andy, doesn't he resemble him? A little freaky if you ask me. (And that would be Angela with us)
Anyway, he is so good that I would truly make everyone a cd and mail them out. However, my computer has other plans in that dept. and won't let me. But that is how good he is!
I also did a little shopping while in Salt Lake and the rest of the time just vegged out with Emilee. Didn't see anyone except for Lesa Coleman who I ran into at a scrapbook store. I didn't see anyone, nor was I planning on it. Jen, I had no idea you even read this blog. You need to come out of hiding more often. Sorry, I didn't see you, you seriously should have come to the show. I'll let you know when I'm coming again, we can do coffee church.
I found this tree out by Alta View Hospital and had to take a picture. The picture doesn't do it justice, it was actually more like fluorescent red. The coolest thing. Changing leaves is one thing I miss the most.
I got home on Friday afternoon, just in time to get Ellie ready to go trick or treating. However, before all the fun could begin, I had some fun of my own when my knee popped out. Last time this happened, it was captioned on film - that was one lucky shot but I will spare you the picture. Anyway, this time, my dad had to pop it back in. It just decided to stay off to the side for a while on its own. Poor Ellie was scared to death as her mother was screaming in pain. She just wanted to kiss it better. Too bad that trick doesn't really work. But, as you know, trick or treating had to go on.
Presenting Ms. Abby Cadabby. For those of you who don't know, she is a Sesame Street character. She loved getting all her treats and loved seeing the "spooky stuff". And of course that look on her face, is really the only one I get anymore when she has to say cheese as opposed to just look at the camera.
I have also started on my Christmas projects/gifts. It seems like I am starting early or at least that is what I keep telling myself because I think I better hurry up! Also, there should be an etsy announcement coming, so stay tuned!
And, one more thing, if you haven't already - GO VOTE!
Labels: utah travels/halloween