August 24, 2008

and now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Wow, you have a lot to write about when you haven't had a regular blog post in a while.
Here goes...

We celebrated Joaquin's 40th birthday. If you have been reading along, you may have noticed that this has been very stressful as I have learned that Cuban's can't keep secrets. Well, they did keep the birthday a secret but not everyone showed up and no one but my family and a friend were on time. So basically, we surprised them when they came in. I guess another thing I learned is they don't know the meaning of SURPRISE party. Oh well, the food was good and I have a ton of cake left over.

We ended up just staying at Red Rock for a couple nights. It was a good little getaway and I got fried. Again. Good thing I didn't have Sarah Wright to answer to after that. But, my cute little kid looks like a Coppertone baby.


My mom, Jessica and I ventured out to Boulder City, Nevada this week to go antique shopping. Not really sure what prompted that but I ended up with a couple of books for Ellie and a really cool Walt Disney Song Book circa 1979. I don't even play an instrument. It was just that cool that I had to have it!

Ellie and I will be in Newport Beach in 2 weeks (Joaquin will be coming in later) and I'm about ready to pee my pants with anticipation. Pretty sad that I am getting this worked up over California when I used to go there all the time. I guess that is what happens when the only vacations you take in a year are to Utah.

In addition, I will be at the Toad the Wet Sprocket concert next Sunday and I can't wait. They are in my opinion, the best band EVER. Nevermind that they broke up and didn't take me into consideration. Oh well, reunion shows are always good too.


-Me and Toad and a few others 1997

And, aren't these so cool. Taken from Martha Stewart's website. Something you should have if you live in Vegas.


Did I mention I hit Joaquin's car again. Yep, I backed into the drivers side door that was open. Yep, I need a new bumper. Yep, his car door is out of alignment. Yep, my life sucks.

And, just a reminder that the modbe swimsuits are going fast. Get them before they are g.o.n.e. Of course, if you get anything, it would help if you have me as your consultant. #1928. I'm waiting for the new catalogs to come out and then look out - you are all getting one in the mail! Well, at least some of you. If you want one though, send me an email lbags999@yahoo.com with your address.

I don't know, is that enough said???

8 comments:

Chelsie said...

ah i'm so sorry about your cars. it sounds like joaquins birthday party was a hit...and what's better than leftover cake...if you lived closer...i would take some of that off your hands for you...i know..i'm that generous. i'm jealous you're going to newport! i think california is worth all your excitement! we haven't been since we were engaged...can we come?! :-)

Lindsi said...

I just talked to Sarah Wright and she is pissed off that YOU ARE FRIED!

Tausha said...

sounds like the birhtday went as well as could be expected. that is still a good thing. It's the thought that counts and is leftover cake really a bad thing?
I want to know how you got to meet all these bands? Where you friends with someones kids who was in the mafia? Lame I know,I know.
Sorry about the car situation. Do you have a rear view mirror? Ha ha! Just laughing cause I have done it before, only once though, only took me being yelled at once. Maybe your husband doesn't use as many swear words as mine, or you are glutton for punishment.

jessica said...

Ya, those pictures are pretty cool. If you did a queen would it seem gay? Like a gay queen?

Todd said...

Seeing that photo of Toad makes me think of the time they played at the TRIAD center. They came back out for an encore and Randy Guss yelled in the microphone: "Rock and F#$%*NG Roll" I think Jonny and I laughed about that for a few years.

by the way - I am jealous you are going to see Toad.

Tausha said...

SO-where is the spray painted beauty? You are kind of a slacker with this whole blogging thing. you are so hit and miss. Come on-it's like you have a life or something!
So-what did you do?
I discovered a new spray paint color, even though it's not 98 cents a can-I think i might still have to add it to my stash! Never know when the apple green bug will hit-one must be prepared.
I will post later today what i sprayed. Actually-Kal sprayed it, but who cares about the details right?
So-show us already. I am dying to see it!

Anonymous said...

Love the card pictures...did it tell you how to do them or where to get them? Let me know.
And then Utah is a cool place to visit!
Emilee

Anonymous said...

do you need a sitter ???? mom