August 3, 2008

don't freak out.

I went to church today.
Joaquin, myself, Ellie and my mom went to church. And no it wasn't the Starbucks church which is usually what we do on Sunday (although, that came after church).
I was thinking about it and the last time I was in a church was when we went to Joaquin's friends wedding at a Catholic church 3 1/2 years ago. I guess it was probably time to go back.
It was a Lutheran church that some friends of ours go to. It was sooo different than the LDS church I was used to.
They had a band and singers. They had 2 big screens built into the wall for words to the songs and the message. Since I have been baptized, I was able to take communion, which consisted of a wafer and wine. I took Ellie up with me and they gave her a quick little blessing. They had donuts and coffee after in the gym. And you could pretty much wear a tank top and shorts and it would be fine. It was only 1 hour long compared to the 3 I have been used to and it was a good message. The kind that you hear and think, this is probably something I should be hearing about now.
I'm very proud of stepping "out of my box" and who knows, I just might be going again next Sunday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like my Starbucks church...it never judges me! Emilee