September 26, 2007

heartburn lady and cd's

Let me just preface this by saying, if you were allergic to peanuts, I would not offer you a peanut butter sandwich.
With that, a while back, someone I know claimed my candle gives her heartburn (hence heartburn lady). Now, let me give you this, something I found on wikipedia to indicate that unless she is in here actually eating my candle, I don't think she could actually get heartburn, but I digress...

Causes
Foods that may cause heartburn:

Sodas (including cola), and other carbonated beverages
Chocolate
Citrus fruits and juices
Tomatoes and tomato sauces (such as pizza and pasta sauce)
Spicy foods
Red pepper (capsicum)
Peppermint and spearmint
Dry foods such as peanuts
Fatty foods such as ice cream
Garlic
Bread and other foods derived from grains
Wine, particulary white wine.
Drugs are also known to cause or trigger heartburn symptoms.

Tobacco products (cigarettes, snuff, etc.)
Cocaine, and especially Methamphetamine is known to trigger heartburn.
Alcohol, especially in red wine.
Caffeine, as found in Coffee, tea, cola, and other beverages
It can also be psychosomatic, primarily in relation to stress and fatigue

Fast forward to yesterday, I am again burning my Utah Utes candle, which Kathy and Mike so gracially gave me, but keep in mind, my door is closed. Well, she then claims that she is allergic to candles and she is going to have to go to Quick Care to get some medicine for this. And, if it is burning tomorrow she won't be here. Now again, I have heard of people being allergic to flowers or perfume, but this is a candle in my CLOSED door office.

So, now she is not talking to me. Nor is she talking to anyone who has talked to me.

My question is, do I get her a very fragrant candle and a bottle of Tums for Christmas?

It looks like everyone is in for another round of cd exchanges, so how about the beginning of November?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should tell her to bite your white ass! Heeee....
Oh dear people are strange.
I'm in for November and I will try to tone down on the estrogen based songs! It may be hard though.

Anonymous said...

If only you could get your hands on a tums-scented candle...google it.