September 27, 2007

terrible twos. oh wait, 14 months.


14 months today. She is growing up quick. Is it possible that the terrible two tantrums and such start a lot earlier than 2?
She now says no. And shakes her head. But her no voice is so cute, that you just end repeating it back. I am however, trying to get her to say yes.
I say one. She says two.
She still doesn't sleep in her crib. But, she is out of our room. We got a toddler bed from a friend so she has been sleeping on that. She only wakes up once or twice a night and we go console her and then it's back to sleep. Only one of us ends up falling asleep on the floor while we are waiting. We are most likely going to switch out the crib to a toddler bed soon, so we can get rid of the other one. Her room is starting to have way to much stuff.
She is wearing 12 month clothes on some things. As you can see in the above picture, her 12 month skirt is drowning her. I put her in 9 month jeans the other day and they fit around the waist but were floods. Poor kid. Liz, I'm sure you can relate with Meredith.
She now says Oscar and Grover.
She can have a pile of toys in front of her and she always goes for the books. And the elastics that I call bracelets.
She says shoes and socks.
She cries uncontrollably when she sees that either me or Joaquin is leaving the room.
She loves wheat toast, grilled cheese sandwiches, mac and cheese and grapes. And of course, still watermelon. Anybody have any idea how I can sneak some vegetables in there? The only thing I can think of is putting ketchup in her easymac.
She says grandpa and you know it melts my dads heart.
She now has a total of 8 teeth.
She is very shy. She is not sure about other little kids. Hopefully that will change soon.
She loves to be outside. She would be out there all day if we let her.
She throws her arms in the air when we say touchdown.
She can entertain herself forever by opening and closing doors.
She can point out her hair, eyes, nose, tongue, tummy, knees, and toes. Still working on the shoulders and ears.
She gives kisses and hugs. Love the hugs!
She wants to climb over or on top of things.
And that is Ellie in a nutshell. Or at least what I can remember right now. I should really start writing these things down when they happen. Have I said that before?
I almost forgot the most important thing - she now says I love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes...I have a tall, skinny kid. Carters and Old Navy brands don't ever fit. If you haven't already discovered this, Baby Gap stuff has adjustable waistbands, and so does some of the Cherokee brand at Target. You can cinch those suckers nice and snug.

As for being sneaky with veggies, ketchup is not a vegetable. Meredith loves zucchini. I just cut it small, and put it in some water in the microwave for about a minute. She'll eat it anytime, anywhere. She also likes cucumbers. Try vegetable beef soup. Put frozen peas in the mac and cheese, or just give her frozen peas. Grape tomatoes. Spaghetti squash with a little spaghetti sauce. Mash an avacado and spread it between slices of toast. Bake a sweet potato.

I have a great cookbook called "First Meals" by Annabel Karmel. Some of the recipes are pretty time consuming, but it's got a lot of ideas for disguising healthy foods, and a lot if it can be made in advance and frozen in individual servings.

Anonymous said...

Yeah...Lori doesn't cook. So it would have to be the frozen food. I like to count french fries as a vegtable sometimes.

You forgot that she says Eddie and points to him! She likes him the best of all the dogs! Too bad it doesn't go both ways! You can't blame him though, he is an only child.

Anonymous said...

I think ketchup is actually considered a veggie, so keep drowning her mac and cheese. By the way, Jenna has continued the ketchup on mac and cheese tradition for the next generation. We also consider french fries a veggie. David can sniff out any veggie hidden in any recipe. I don't think he has eaten one vegetable since I managed to sneak a spoonful of gerber into his mouth before he knew any better. My girls will eat any veggie as long as it is dipped in ranch.

Anonymous said...

How about V-8 in a sippy cup? You don't have to cook that...