June 16, 2008

weekend sum up

We are back. Made it home Saturday night.
We headed to SLC on Thursday afternoon. Did I mention Joaquin doesn't do Utah? The whole way up, Joaquin kept saying this is really pretty up here and he kept taking pictures to show his mom. I think the last time we were there, we were either driving in the dark or it was winter.
Anyway, Friday morning we take Ellie to Hogle Zoo. She loved it. So did Joaquin. He was very impressed in my planning skills.

Then we head over to the U of U bookstore for a quick run in for a t shirt and then off to the can't go to SLC without eating Noodles & Co. A quick get ready session and we are off to dinner for the first day of the reunion.
The reunion was a good time and it was good to see everyone again. Again, Joaquin even had fun with everyone and even said he would do it again. This was very big for him! And little Ellie got in on the bingo action.

McKellar's did an excellent job at planning the event.
After the reunion festivities, we headed over to Hogswollow for some drinks. No Malibu rum. WTF?
Next morning I had planned on going to the farmers market since it was opening that day but things just didn't work out. Too bad, I think Joaquin would have been impressed with the planning again!
Headed over to Melaney's again for some lunch and more games and then we headed out back to Vegas. We had to leave in a hurry and didn't really get to say goodbye to everyone as my child decided to let the neighborhood know she was there with all her screaming. That was fun. Didn't even make a stop at IKEA.

Got home and had to get ready for the next day - Joaquin's mothers birthday party.
Now, if I had written this post yesterday, it would have been a huge bloody vent. But, lucky readers, it's a new day and I have since recovered. Thank you Starbucks.
That is all I am going to say about that.

And I am feeling the need to do something productive every day. Does emptying the dishwasher count?

3 comments:

Bags said...

It was a fun weekend! I hope this means you all will come up again!

Chelsie said...

I am too impressed with your planning! I have not been to the Hogle Zoo since I was like Ellie's age...so needless to say I don't remember it. Sounds like you guys had a good trip though, I'm glad Joaquin is seeing the light and realizing that the UT bubble is a fabulous place to be! :-)

Jan J said...

It was so fun to see the 3 of you, especially Ellie. What a cutie! It was nice to get to know Joaquin as well.