March 17, 2008

whassup?

So kids, what is happening out there?
I've been off for a while chained to my desk so I could get Megan's scrapbook done - Megan if you are reading, it should be in your hands next week. I hope you like it!

But I just thought I should catch you up to date...

Thursday night was date night so we celebrated in style. Manilow style that is!
Thanks to the little thing we are in we went to go see Barry Manilow at the Las Vegas Hilton. And please, don't make me tell you who Barry Manilow is. Anyway, believe it or not, the show was pretty good. My camera ran out of juice after I took a self portrait of Joaquin and I so, sorry, I have no pictures to share. Awww.

However, those of you that actually know me, know that I was pretty much at the Las Vegas Hilton at any chance I got a few, few years back. Thanks to Ms. Kristine W. So finally after many years of being there, I didn't even know my way around the place. I mean, we used to own the place! It was very bitter sweet being there again. I saw Mattie (Liz, remember Mattie)? Remember when I got called up on stage? Remember when Tommy gave us his camera to take pictures of him for his portfolio? Remember meeting Stephanie (aka girlfriend)? Remember going backstage and trying on costumes? Remember taking anyone who would come to visit? Remember running into Joaquin and his girlfriend? Remember trying to sneak Jessica in when she was only 19? The nightclub isn't even called The Nightclub anymore - now it's the Shimmer Caberet - what the hell?
Anyway, if my scanner would actually work right, I would post and post and post many pictures from my day back at the Hilton. Maybe another time. But, as you can tell, I miss the girl and she should really just quit touring and come back to Vegas where I'm sure we would all be on the front row.

Okay, enough of that.

Joaquin got a new job last week. Now he is a loan officer at a credit union here in town. Anyway, he was in training all last week and today was his first day at his branch. In the ghetto. This credit union has branches where some have tellers and others have just loan officers with an atm but no cash on hand. So, this morning on day number one, Joaquin calls me and says some guy just came into our branch and asked where the tellers were. Some lady told him across the way and then that branch proceeded to get robbed 5 minutes later. Did I mention it was in the ghetto? Last week I was joking that I was going to have to call our friend who works for metro to get him a bullet proof vest. I probably shouldn't joke about it anymore...

And last, but not least, I hope every single one of you is wearing green today or at least having a green beer or at least a margarita because those are slightly green and better for you anyway!

Cheers.

3 comments:

Tausha said...

ok-i am impressed with the Manilow concert. Did Joaqin want to go, or did you make him go?

Guess what? So we are officially makin plans to come to vegas the end of next week. Fri, sat, sun. I don't know if my mom has called ur mom, but we will tomorrow for sure. we tried to get a flight, but I am not goingt 2 pay that much. So, if you know of any cheep flights,or anyone who can hook us up, let me know.
How are the coupons going? I went to the stores last week, matched the ads with the coupons and boutght what i needed, walked out of there pretty happy. I saved 130$ on my bill. Yes, now you can be jealous. Don't worry, you can do it too! Does next weekend work for you?

Camille said...

I didn't know know Joaquin was a loan officer. Chris does a little of that on the side. Scary about his work. Sounds like you had fun on your date night. yes I'm old enough to know who Barry M is. Post more picture of your cute little Ellie.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad my Brother-in-law is ok! He should try and get to another branch when he gets a chance. See you in a few days. Too bad the Toyns aren't going to be in town this weekend!
Emilee