January 31, 2007

randoms.

So, just a few things...

First, is it weird that every time I hear a car going down my street at 80 mph I think they are going to get into a car accident and hit my house? Could it possibly be because of this drunk driver who almost did just that? (yes, that is my house RIGHT behind the car)

Anyway, we don't live on a major street. But it is long with no stop signs, so people go really fast and I can hear them out my windows at all hours. So, this car accident happened a few months ago at 3 am and freaked me right out. It's not something that happens every day you know. Ever since then, I hear these cars and seriously, get a knot in my stomach that something is going to happen again. So, will this feeling go away over time or do I need some sort of therapy?

Second, have you guys seen or heard of these? It might make me actually go down to the strip and get some at their own little store...

Third, I got this email today, totally cracked me up. I'm sure all you mothers out there will appreciate it.

The Mommy Test:

I was out walking with my 4 year old daughter She picked up something
off the ground and started to put it in her mouth. I took the item away
from her and I asked her not to do that. "Why?" my daughter asked.
"Because it's been on the ground, you don't know where it's been, it's
dirty and probably has germs" I replied.
At this point, my daughter looked at me with total admiration and asked,
"Mommy, how do you know all this stuff? You are so smart." I was
thinking quickly. "All moms know this stuff. It's on the Mommy Test. You
have to know it, or they don't let you be a Mommy." We walked along in
silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently pondering this new
information.
"OH...I get it!" she beamed, "So if you don't pass the test you have to
be the daddy." "Exactly" I replied back with a big smile on my face.

And fourth (whew), if you need any good music to download, go here. It is a cover of an old Tears for Fears song but it's fantastic (if I don't say so myself).

Over and out!
Lori

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen!

Anonymous said...

Yes, you do need therapy!