July 8, 2008

we're back and it's only 109 degrees

As I mentioned before, we went to Utah for a long weekend. Just ask 75% of my blog readers - I would say that is about the ratio of people I saw. Be at a bbq or the parade or just walking on the street - I saw people!

And now, for a quick recap...

Thursday - headed out bright and early with the parents and Ellie. Ellie is a very good car traveler. Especially when Shrek or The Wonder Pets are playing. We stopped in Nephi for some gas and food. It was pretty much the worst Burger King food we have had in a long time. I would recommend you skip Nephi all together in your road travels. Hung out at Emilee's house for most of the day and then had a rip roaring card game of Hand and Foot. I used to play this game with the Hamilton's all the time back in the day, and was reintroduced to it after my parents got back from Hawaii and learned it. Now, we play it every chance we get. It's pretty funny playing any sort of game with the parents since I don't remember the last time either of them said - hey, let's play a game.


Friday - Happy 4th of July! We went to the Evergreen Park parade and met up with Liz and her cute family.

This picture of Ellie and Meredith was taken right before they fell to the ground. Oops.
The parade was pretty much a bust. This parade or the carnival that happens after was pretty much a staple for me growing up. But, I don't know if it's just lame now that I am older or if it just used to be better like I think it was. I'm going with the later on this one. At least Ellie was comfortable...


Later that night, we went to a bbq at my cousin Andy's house and then watched some fireworks.


Saturday - We all headed up to Park City where we went to dinner at Wasatch Brewery and some ice cream for Ellie and then of course more games of Hand and Foot. And I can't forget about the t-shirt that I picked up for Joaquin.


Sunday - We went to Park Silly Fest. It is a very cool thing and I suggest all you Utahn's go. I picked up a new necklace and a frame that somehow I need to steal the idea and make them myself for profit. Had a bbq with more cousins at Emilee's house. It was fun to see everyone again and meet some new people. And, I'm so glad Ellie had fun with her cousins. She doesn't get around little kids much so it's good for her. And of course, I only got maybe one picture. Taush - thanks for the gift, now I can print all my recipes in recipe size form! Shawni, it was good to see you and your husband - I'm sure you have been told this before but you guys look alike! You know that is a good sign! And congratulations! Chelsie - it was good to finally meet you! The dessert was delicious - maybe you should sign up for the next Food Network star. I would ask you for the recipe but I am kidding myself if I think I could possibly make those! And, if you guys happen to move out this way, I would go visit. That should be incentive enough!

Monday - yes, I didn't go back on Sunday and I was so happy! Did a little running around and then lunch and of course a sno shack before the dreaded ride home. Thank you Jessica for driving! This whole trip was worth it - I didn't have to buy a cent of gas!

And that was supposed to be a quick update but in all actuality, I'm sure I forgot some stuff!

6 comments:

Tausha said...

sounds eventful! Did you get tired just typing it?
Love the pic of the blue ice cream cone! Too cute!!
I will send the pics soon. I left the camera at my moms and still have not got it. THey are super cute though.
It was great fun to see you guys! Can't wait till we come again! I am sure that you too are thrilled! Save your money so you can shop this time!
I would like to see how much of a shopper you can be when put under pressure!!
Have a great day! Glad you liked the gifts! I had fun making them cause I knew someone would like it as much as me!!

Tausha said...

ps-i want to see pics of the frame!
Love the t-shirt! I laughed out loud!

ThE fRoNkS!... said...

It was really good to see you guys. We are way excited to come out again. Yeah me and Scotty get that a lot. Some people think we are brother and sister. That's kinda creepy!! I am glad you guys made it home safely. Good luck in the heat!

Chelsie said...

I am digging her star sunglasses!! She is so blasted cute, even cuter now that I have actually met her! It was so good to see all of you guys...sad to say I probably won't be venturing out there with the fam in October...Chelsie plus shopping...equals not happy Chelsie....so for your sake I'll spare you. :-) Hey don't apologize about the ball! Coop was just tired and not in the best mood towards the end!

Anonymous said...

it was great to have you come with us. it was a fun weekend maybe next time jouquin will come? i need a copy of the picture. so cute. mom

Vic, Linds, and the girls... said...

Okay how darling is that picture with the blue ice cream. I love it!!